JAE Mini Sprint ESC Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Drust

Does anyone know the difference between soft and hard cutoff on the Zippkits ESC for the Mini Sprint?

Mine is set to hard, and when the voltage reaches that point the boat dies right then and there. I really hope I can get something going which will at least allow me to bring the boat back to shore (even if slowly).

A hard cut off will do exactly what yours is doing...cuts off when it reaches the cut off voltage. The "soft" cut off will allow you to get the boat back to shore. I am not familiar with that particular ESC, but the boat should show a definite drop in speed when it kicks in. Hope this helps...

You should really be bringing the boat in before it gets to the cut off point, As soon as you see a decline in speed. Also keeping an eye on run times. Martin.

Right now I do notice when it declines in speed, but it will only go about 15ft more past this and cut off. It really does cut off quickly for me. If I am on the outside edge of a big oval, the boat is a long way from me when it dies.

Back