JAE 21 Rudder Servo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use the HiTec HS 225 MG It is just as good as the comparable Futaba, you can use it with a futaba receiver, and its a lot cheaper.

I know that there are guys who live and die by Ford or Chevy. Or, die by dodge. The same goes with the radios. Anyway,...my 3 cents.

I use Futaba stuff, too. But, when it comes to servos, I think Futaba is way over priced for certain applications.

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/hitec-hs-225mg-mighty-mini-metal-gear-ball-bearing-servo-hrc32225s/p10655?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product-Feeds&gclid=CM-C56Ds9MUCFZRffgodUB0Adw

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a HS225MG hitec in my jae .21 for 5 years, no problems. It is a boat I built from Joe's first run of kits. Only steering servo I use in ALL my .21 inboards. Like Marty, I have nothing against Futaba servos, use some in other applications. Just that the 225 has been virtually bulletproof for me. It's a "cheapest/bestest" thing for me.

The 225 is enough for a rudder in a .21? I had no idea, didn't think it would be strong enough. I use them in many applications but wouldn't have thought of that. Learned something new already, guess I can go back to bed now.

Rick H.

A 225MG and make sure it is the MG version, is plenty for a 21 rigger or 21 mono. I also have run them for a number of years. I do not use it for a 21 tunnel however as the servo has to turn an entire engine with much more mass and weight. I use a 645MG for that.

Guys,

I have used HS-225-MG's on 12's and 21's for years, but as they are starting to

go faster and faster through the corners I do not think they are holding the turns

as well as they should? I am switching to a servo with a little more torque instead

on all my newer boats. If you run any SAW boats you will see at speed they cannot

hold the centering position with less torque. Some think it is propeller walk when it

really is the servo not holding the rudder in the centering position. Speed changes

the load on the rudder and you can see it on bigger water when you are running

towards you. I am looking at the Hi-Tec HS646WP or the Futaba S9551 servo.

Both have plenty of power Hi-Tec has 161 oz./inches and the Futaba has 122 oz./inches.

The water proof Hi-Tec is only $43.00 which I feel is a bargain and the Futaba is $85.00.

Thanks For Reading,

Good Topic Fellas,

Mark Sholund

HS5645MG Hi-Torque MG Servo

(168 in-oz, .18 sec, 1.55" x 0.77" x 1.48", 2.12 oz, Dual BB)

I am against the majority but I wouldn't trust a hi tec to operate the throttle on my lawn mower. But that is just me

Back