it finally painted

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_hedlund

:D Hello all , I finally finished painting my 1/12 miss Elam ( ex miss bud) It is drying now and as soon as i get her home I'll post some pictures, i don't think the pictures will do this color justice. Definitely needs to be seen in person to appreciate it. That neon orange is awesome, especially with the blue and white lettering. I can't believe how much i had forgot about painting, It wasn't until the last 3 coats of clear did i get the HVLP gun dialed in. House of Kolors makes some nice stuff. There clear really flows out nice, almost too nice. i can't wait to start painting my 1/8 scale. B)

I want to thank everyone who has given me advise and for keeping me pointed me in the right direction.

Also thanks to Mike McKnight for the decals they look great. 2 of the decals could be tweaked in size a little.

But the white on blue decals were awesome, It really gives it some wow !!!

Thanks again to all

I measured off my son's Bud boat to the pics I had and I didn't pay as much attention to those darn cowl posts as I should have....darn it. Glad you are happy though. Did you get a pic of the horizontal wing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually i moved the deck Ellstrom out more away from the cowl and didn't have to worry about the post, After placing the decals and post the first message i was thinking that may be it could be shorter going off the relationship between the front deck edge and the decals , but now i see that that you were measuring from the back of the cockpit to the decal. It just goes to show me how different the Bud and the Elam are. But if you have to do one again i would make the "Elam" on the vertical wing a little bit smaller if you look close at the picture #2 i could only do 1 arrow, then i messed up and didn't bring it down far enough.

Here is a picture of the horizontal wing and the top of the cowl.

cowl and wing

Please don't take this as complain about your decals, I really liked how they look and will be placing an order for my Miss Atlas Van lines soon.

Back