internats help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a little boat retrieving in the past and got a 16 ft boat setup ready to go. So BAM RACING PRODUCTS is IN...

Count me in as well. I'm in southern part of D4, so Mt Vernon locale I could help a TON. But anywhere else it would primarily have to be the pre-work and/or onsite stuff. REALLY hope we can make this happen. I'm newer to the racing part of the hobby, but my dad has nothing but good things to say about the internats format, so I'm looking forward to that part for sure.

well this kind of died off.. any interest in having a us1 race in 2017 weather it be a true internats or maybe we could come up with a new format for us-1? Now is the time to start planning and looking for a site.. IF we can figure something out by the end of summer that would allow plenty of time to find jobs for people and prepare/promote the race along with ample time for racers to enter and plan on attending...

Huntsville has a nice setup, but summer heat is killer there... maybe spring of fall?

Mount Vernon has plenty of room for trailers/campers ... and if we can talk the club/group into moving the course there will be plenty of room on the water....

Evansville??? not sure if they are up to it? or can handle a week long event at there current location?

Atlanta?

If anyone else has any other suggestions have at it.. just throwing around ideas cant hurt to talk about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
well this kind of died off.. any interest in having a us1 race in 2017 weather it be a true internats or maybe we could come up with a new format for us-1? Now is the i time to start planning and looking for a site.. IF we can figure something out by the end of summer that would allow plenty of time to find jobs for people and prepare/promote the race along with ample time for racers to enter and plan on attending...

Huntsville has a nice setup, but summer heat is killer there... maybe spring of fall?

Mount Vernon has plenty of room for trailers/campers ... and if we can talk the club/group into moving the course there will be plenty of room on the water....

Evansville??? not sure if they are up to it? or can handle a week long event at there current location?

Atlanta?

If anyone else has any other suggestions have at it.. just throwing around ideas cant hurt to talk about it...
my vote would be mnt.vernon vernon I would be willing to help

Sam you know I'm game for anything but most defiantly I would help, race, and have a kickass time
default_smile.png

Me too I just wanted to bring this back to the top of the page to see if there is any more intrest trying for a successful us1 internats

We can make it happen in Mt. Vernon, but a full blown Internats wont work anymore. Who has 10 extra days to blow on one race. Mike Betke should be able to come up with a good usable variation

We can make it happen in Mt. Vernon, but a full blown Internats wont work anymore. Who has 10 extra days to blow on one race. Mike Betke should be able to come up with a good usable variation
agreed on the 10 days part! A new format is needed to have a successful US1 race. Mt. Vernon is a great sport.. i will help anyway possible no matter where it is held.

Guys,

Since I wrote out to the membership asking for proposals on changing the US-1 format, I have received nothing back. I have had some messages, but that is about it.

The entire area of the rule book in regards to the US-1 needs to be reviewed. I know that there has been many changes that have never been put in writing.

In order to have any change in format to US-1 that would be good for next year, a proposal would have to be on the table now and there is nothing written.

I'll see what I can get together based off the ideas and messages that have been sent to me and formulate some things to draft proposals. Maybe we can utilize next year to as a trial year for something new.

Mt. Vernon next year sounds good. Get something into me in regarding your bid to put on a nationals. Move the course down and away from the point sticking out!

I dont disagree. In order to have a internats The current race format won't work. I have mentioned to some people about this and have said they should do away with the Time trials portion because that will make more sites available to hold this type of event also we have time trials throughout the whole year in several locations.

The economy is not as great to take a week or more off just to go a internats.

Now With that said. I understand that to win a us1 you have to have heat racing, oval and straight away trials. But if we are ever going to have a internats and have a big successful turnout and further promote the hobby something has to be done and changes have to made.

Just my opinion.

Guys,

Since I wrote out to the membership asking for proposals on changing the US-1 format, I have received nothing back. I have had some messages, but that is about it.

The entire area of the rule book in regards to the US-1 needs to be reviewed. I know that there has been many changes that have never been put in writing.

In order to have any change in format to US-1 that would be good for next year, a proposal would have to be on the table now and there is nothing written.

I'll see what I can get together based off the ideas and messages that have been sent to me and formulate some things to draft proposals. Maybe we can utilize next year to as a trial year for something new.

Mt. Vernon next year sounds good. Get something into me in regarding your bid to put on a nationals. Move the course down and away from the point sticking out!

Guys,

Mt Vernon is a good spot but the club isnt capable of hosting a race like this ... it would take lots of help from the outside.. other clubs districts cds etc etc... we have a good lake with lots of space a good clock, pa system, retrieve boat, but not very many members..

I have an idea that would include limited time trials. Before I spit it out im going to run it by Mike Betke. Mv is possible to be ran by a racers group

They are trophy trials The Internats were held at Jackson Tenn one of the smallest lakes I have raced on.

The trials are NOT NECESSARILY FOR RECORDS. It is the same for everyone

So on that day with the weather water size of lake you made the fastest 2 lap and straight a way left to right and right to left pass.

NO RACE SHOULD BE CALLED THE NATS OR INTERNATS UNLESS IT IS THE INTERNATS FORMAT FOR US 1

TO GET A US 1 IS NOT EASY AND IT IS DEMINING TO THOSE WITH US 1 TO CALL A RACE THE NATS OR INTERNATS THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW THE INTERNATS FORMAT.

I'm a go for helping out for the Inter Nats race at Mt Vernon. My retrieve boat as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back