Interesting O/B ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice...curious how it runs....
Hi Ron,
Good to here from you, it's been a few years. I find it very cool and was looking for info on it. Not sure if I will change anything or not, I might leave it alone. I have a lot to get done this winter if I'm going to race next year.

TB
Coolbeans sir nice to see the trike again.This picture below is the prototype by Joe Bishop

Enjoy and welcome back

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
TB.. I don't have my PM working and truth is not sure how to turn it back on.. lol

Any questions however you can find me on facebook...

Grim

nice...curious how it runs....
Hi Ron,
Good to here from you, it's been a few years. I find it very cool and was looking for info on it. Not sure if I will change anything or not, I might leave it alone. I have a lot to get done this winter if I'm going to race next year.

TB
Coolbeans sir nice to see the trike again.This picture below is the prototype by Joe Bishop

Enjoy and welcome back

Ken
attachicon.gif
12274623_1706955812867322_2926088884527844646_n.jpg
Ken,

Cool boat... Thank you for the info about the Trike.

TB

Hi,

at 1980 there was a Lorne Campbell designed offshore powerboat that lookes a like and was a trike like Joes boat but the midle section goes moore back . I have a artikel with layout from Powerboat mag . Here is a site that show the boat , http://powerboatarchive2.co.uk/picture.php?/22602/categories, take the forward buton to see moore pic in open water. This boat took a powerboat speedrecord driven by Lady Arran . This boat inspirete me also in this time but never be realy sucsesful like the full size.

The Campbell design looks more like a Mod-VP than a canard. Nice pics thanks for sharing. I am playing with JAE designs with outboards and the weight on the back doesn't do as well as conventional inboards. I would like to see a rear sponson design to carry the load. Maybe my next off the wall project.

Mic

Hi,

at 1980 there was a Lorne Campbell designed offshore powerboat that lookes a like and was a trike like Joes boat but the midle section goes moore back . I have a artikel with layout from Powerboat mag . Here is a site that show the boat , http://powerboatarchive2.co.uk/picture.php?/22602/categories, take the forward buton to see moore pic in open water. This boat took a powerboat speedrecord driven by Lady Arran . This boat inspirete me also in this time but never be realy sucsesful like the full size.
Cool boats, Thank you for sharing it with us.

TB

Bill, It's been a while since I built my leecraft. I picked it up in 1999 in Huntsville when I was doing my internship in Nashville. looking forward to you progress.

Gene, nice to see you step by.

Christian, the boat you showed is in my opinion a bit different because it has a full center section and the trike has only a front center section. BTW this hull was sold as a model by Kyosho a couple of years ago and called the bladerunner

Hi,

i search the mag and found it . See the pic that the middle centerpart is not like the Bladrunner ending at the transom . Its shorter and Mr.Campbell show also where he set c.g. And where the airolift point is.

Maybee someone will test such boat.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Paul,

Good to hear from you, Tell Oscar and Edwin I said hello.

Great bunch of guys over there in the Netherlands
default_wink.png

Gene

Hi Gary ,

the boat you show is Advance ,designed by Peter du Cane from Vosper Thorncraft England . du Cane designet also zhe jet powered Crusader driven by John Coob .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep seen that one before, look more like a trike.

@Gene, Oscar has sold all his boats and quit and Edwin is currently living in Vancouver. I think he still has some boats but they havn't been near water in a while.

Hi Bill, I'm fine, although currently boating is a bit slow (almost to a stop) because of playing dad and having a lot of work at my job. But I'll keep following this forum.

How did you find the trike, or did you had it stored for a long time?
Paul,

I can remember when you built your first 20 Tunnel, that was a few years back. I understand how life can throw you some curve balls. The boat belongs to a old race buddy of mine, I thought it was Cool so he told me to take it and run it and when I'm done playing with it to give it back to him. I'm not sure if I want to mess with it or just turn it into wall art in my shop. : )

TB
Paul's website was one i drooled over for years as a boy (haha) I love following your builds Paul, I did learn ALOT from your page
default_smile.png

attachicon.gif
004.JPG
attachicon.gif
008.JPG
attachicon.gif
009.JPGLook at what I found hiding under a pile of dust....

The S7 steering servos date it..
default_smile.png
Nice, did you ever run the boat? Thank you for sharing.

Thanks,

TB
Yes, but not very many times. It launched good, turned good and handled good, even in rough water but it was not near as fast as the hydro class that it would have had to run in. I never took the time or the effort to really see what the potential of the design was.

It had easily replaceable rear running pads and a replaceable front pad for tuning the boat. The rear wing has quiet a lot of lift built in it to help compensate for the weight of the engine on the rear. It had a 1 oz fuel tank mounted high that was fed by a Perry pump that overflowed back down into the lower main tank. This worked very well with no changing of the fuel mixture as the fuel burned off. No pipe pressure was needed.

This was about the time that I was getting out of boats. Had serious family problems....

Just one of those things that I never got back to.

Charles

Yep, I faintly remember planting some of those. They were just little twigs then.....

Yes, and proud of getting old. Not but ONE option to getting old and I choose getting old...

Charles

Back