IMPBA Production RTR Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake Sabo

Well, looking after the rules for Production RTR. My current engine isnt legal. Iam using a ProBoat Miss Elam. Which currently has the Dynamite .15 engine. Which isnt legal since it uses an outside electric starter.

So iam wonderin whats the engine of choice for this class? The Aquacraft .18 looks good and is only $50. But the ProBoat .18 also looks good. But it is $110.

What seems to be the prefered engine for this class?

Thanks

The Aquacraft engine is good but through my experiences the Pro boat motor olds up to more abuse and is a good contender for a stock boat setup. It likes to turn more rpm which is good for a smaller prop.

Well, looking after the rules for Production RTR. My current engine isnt legal. Iam using a ProBoat Miss Elam. Which currently has the Dynamite .15 engine. Which isnt legal since it uses an outside electric starter.

So iam wonderin whats the engine of choice for this class? The Aquacraft .18 looks good and is only $50. But the ProBoat .18 also looks good. But it is $110.

What seems to be the prefered engine for this class?

Thanks

I'm not sure that is "exactly" true. The Dynamite .15 did come stock with that boat did it not? If if did it should be allowed!

Yes, the Dynamite did come stock. But i also want to run a .18. Iam planning on running a Y535 prop too.

well i would say check with some one in your local club, in my area we can swap out with any motor in that boat, ie: aqu and the new ST motor.

The earlier models of that boat came with the dynamite .15 but the newer models have the pro boat.18. There is no difference in the hull so you should be able to run either one.

if u run the dynamite 15 in your boat make sure u keep a eye on the rod it is not very strong.once it goes chuck the motor cause it keeps busting the rods.i learned the hard way with dynamite motors.buy the new motor for the aquacraft duece .18 thunger tigre

i have a dynamite .15 i never used with pull starter for $50 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
if u run the dynamite 15 in your boat make sure u keep a eye on the rod it is not very strong.once it goes chuck the motor cause it keeps busting the rods.i learned the hard way with dynamite motors.buy the new motor for the aquacraft duece .18 thunger tigre

i have a dynamite .15 i never used with pull starter for $50 shipped
Dont run those .15 dynajunkers...you can run the .18 thundertiger,alot better motor then that.15 junker plus a better upgrade that the .18 aquacraft.18..if you want a real .18 that will fly,get a O.S .18TZ....you will have a real fast bugger on your hands..

yes that engine is legal in IMPBA spin start rope start, same thing, the os TZ is not a legal stock engine though, but if ya go TZ then you can run in sport 20 class

Are you looking at the Production or Ready-To-Run class? Those are two different animals. The Production class is meant for only ABS hulls with up to .16 engines with mufflers, no tuned pipes, not for the Bud, Miss Vegas or other boats that we now consider RTR's. That class included the Nitro Vipers from Kyosho for one, a class that hasn't been used at all as far as I know.

Latest posts

Back