IMPBA John Equi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

Mr. John Equi is sliding out the door to Retirement at the IMPBA Alabama Office, Before you Go John.... Thanks, for All of the years of Dedication to the IMPBA affairs, Thanks, for the Articles and Pics in the past 9 years of Roostertails, Thanks, for the 1 Million returned phone calls all hrs of the Day & Nite to help Promote the IMPBA Racing ....National Events & Local Events Plus the Days spent at the Time Trials Logging Times and Engine tear downs for tech & A Special Thanks for the Handing of the IMPBA Membership Cards and the Prompt Service Provided to get All Members legal and On the water to a Good Needle!! Thank you Sir..... Job Well Done!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. John Equi is sliding out the door to Retirement at the IMPBA Alabama Office, Before you Go John.... Thanks, for All of the years of Dedication to the IMPBA well said Joe Thanks Johnaffairs, Thanks, for the Articles and Pics in the past 9 years of Roostertails, Thanks, for the 1 Million returned phone calls all hrs of the Day & Nite to help Promote the IMPBA Racing events & IMPBA Speed Trials & A Special Thanks for the handing of the IMPBA Membership Cards and the Prompt Service Provided to get All Members legal and On the water to a Good Needle!! Thank you Sir..... Job Well Done!!!!!!!

I think Mr. Warren just about said it all in his post. Many of us in IMPBA don't realize all of what the Secretary of this organization does each day. Well I, for one happen to have had a bird's eye view of what they do. The phone rings ALL hours of the day AND night. This person didn't get this, that person needs this. Even trying to keep up with the workings of the IMPBA Board was a big deal. It is NOT a part-time job. Too many people think that it is. Just ask my wife. Now you can ask John and he will tell you the same thing. I bet he would like to have a dollar for every trip he made to the Post Office. For someone who doesn't even run boats you know John has to love this hobby and the people that are in it. If we all can see that then you know how special this hobby is to a lot of us.......especially old guys like me.

John, we are going to miss you. You have done a great service for IMPBA and no one appreciates more of what you have done for this organization than I do. I hope you and Judy get some travelling done in the years to come and enjoy life for a change. We hope to see you at some races down the road.

A job well done. Thank you.

Dick Tyndall

I agree totally with Joe's synopsis. Having worked with John, I know how detailed he is and how much he really cares about IMPBA. John will very tough to replace. Hope you enjoy some more freedom and get to enjoy the hobby without the responsibilities.

Those that have served IMPBA over the years see John as one who continued to sereve over MANY years in many positions. Like Dick Tyndall said, us "old guys" really know his contributions and appreciate his service.

We will miss you in official positions......

Enjoy your retirement John, Thanks for all your help. B) I'm sure Chris and Lynne will have you on speed dial, I'm sure they will do a great job. ;) ....==={}

OMG!

John, thank you for all you have done for us and the IMPBA.

Have a great retirement.

Now that you have some time for yourself, you can come to some races.

Just kidding, but we would love to see you at some.

Again THANK YOU for your service and ditto on what Joe said.

Jerry Thompson

John, I am both happy for you and sad that we won't get to work together in the future!! You have been a great friend over the years and have done a great job for the IMPBA!!! Have fun in retirement!!

GQ

John, I met you back in 1989. Thanks for the great tune pipes you made for me. You are the face of the Huntsville club. Enjoy your retirement for a while, and then hurry back and keep on promoting RC boats.

JOSE 11755

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you is not enough. jon , and his wife, has been such a service to all of us. I personally know how many times he helped me with flyers, and it wasn't in a few days, it was NOW!.

YOU DESERVE A MEDAL!!. seriously .

thanks for all you have done for us.

dan

John,You have done an outstanding and professional job as IMPBA secretary . You placed IMPBA above any self interest and always did what was best for IMPBA .

You are a person of great character ,exemplified by our recent conversation about family.

Have some fun and come to the lake this summer for fun and not work.

EQUALIZER your THE MAN!!!!!!!!! Doc

John,You have done an outstanding and professional job as IMPBA secretary . You placed IMPBA above any self interest and always did what was best for IMPBA .

You are a person of great character ,exemplified by our recent conversation about family.

Have some fun and come to the lake this summer for fun and not work.

EQUALIZER your THE MAN!!!!!!!!! Doc

John will be missed. But I know him and that we will see him at the pond for visits. I have know him over 30 years. He has devoted his many years to model boating and IMPBA.

Good job my friend.

Latest posts

Back