I need help please!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach wallace

Hi all, I just purchased a used Sprintcat that probably wasn't setup right from the start. This boat has two switches for some reason. I need help with the battery setup. One switch has two spliced red wires coming off it. Those wires ran into the radio box. The other switch has one wire running to the ignition and another free spliced wire for a power source, I assume this is a kill switch. I tied in a battery to this switch to fire up the boat. It ran and the kill switch worked. I want a simple setup. How is everyone setting up their boats? Single battery setup. How are you all powering your engine and receiver with one battery. I fly gas planes so I am use to a two battery setup. KISS method please.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The ignition switch you really don't need. Remove the idle speed screw and you can shut down the engine using the transmitter by fully closing the carb. Set your engine idle speed using the throttle trim.

Hopefully I helped to answer some of your other questions on the other forum site.

The ignition switch you really don't need. Remove the idle speed screw and you can shut down the engine using the transmitter by fully closing the carb. Set your engine idle speed using the throttle trim.

Hopefully I helped to answer some of your other questions on the other forum site.
Thanks Ron. I still have a question. Most 6v batteries only have one JR lead. How do I get power to the ignition as well as the receiver while only using one battery? Should I splice in a JR lead from the ignition and run that to the Aux port so one switch powers everything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Zach,I didn't think you would need any power for the ignition,only the engine coil. unless you have different sort of ignition from standard.

I would just remove anything to your coil involving a 6 volt battery. All the serious boaters only power the receiver with 6 volt setup. I run all my gas boats this way. The coils have no need to be powered by any type of voltage from a battery. The black coil above your started gets powered by the flywheel that spins around which is the magnito.

Brad

You don't need external power to the engine as it's just like any other magneto ignitioned. 2-stroke. If you've got a gas powered weedeater it doesn't need a battery. These are the same thing.

I'm just hazarding a guess but it appears that most of the stuff came from a Venom King of Shaves boat. Those weren't very good in the first place. They'd start falling apart on the first few runs and poor handling. The black primary coil is a dead giveaway that it's a Chinese clone of a Zenoah as Zen's have red ones.

We'll get you through this as things aren't as bad as they seem to be right now, it's mostly simple stuff. It's just that whoever built this boat screwed up a few things.

Latest posts

Back