Huntsville Hydro Race (March 27th and 28th) FLYER POSTED

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twox45

Huntsville Alabama is proud to announce the return of the Gene Taylor / John Hall Memorial Hydro Invitational. The race will be the last weekend in March (27th and 28th). The nitro classes offered will be A, B, D, E, Single F, Twin, sport 20, sport 40, 60 Scale with concourse, 20 kids class, 20 sport tunnel, 20 mod tunnel, and open tunnel. We will be offering LSG27 cat, LSG27sport hydro, and LSG27 outrigger hydro. Friday the 26th will be open water until dusk. The flyer is being finalized this weekend and will be posted very soon. Look forward to seeing you in Huntsville.

Last edited by a moderator:
David,glad to see something going.What are the chances of adding Classic Thunderboat before the flyer is printed?After all they are hydros.I know there are enough boats in the area to make at least one heat.

Harvey Liberman

This is going to be a great race in Huntsville. It is one of the best sites in the country. Many Nationals held at the lake and lots of records set on the lake. The lake is large and where can you have INDOOR BATHROOMS. The parking is great and the driver stand and launch area are great.

I have traveled all over this country and even into Canada to race boats and Huntsville is hard to beat.

This will be one of the early races and is in the middle of the country and readily accessable.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE IN HUNTSVILLE THE LAST WEEKEND OF MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. DOC

Hard parking at the site for RV's but no overnight stays closest RV park is at the Space and Rocket Museum ( 15 minute drive) tent camping is at Monte Sano Stat Park (30 minute drive)

Are RV's welcome at this site?

Sounds like this could be fun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be a great race in Huntsville. It is one of the best sites in the country. Many Nationals held at the lake and lots of records set on the lake. The lake is large and where can you have INDOOR BATHROOMS. The parking is great and the driver stand and launch area are great.

I have traveled all over this country and even into Canada to race boats and Huntsville is hard to beat.

This will be one of the early races and is in the middle of the country and readily accessable.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE IN HUNTSVILLE THE LAST WEEKEND OF MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. DOC

Doc......you guys still need a clock?

Huntsville Alabama is proud to announce the return of the Gene Taylor / John Hall Memorial Hydro Invitational. The race will be the last weekend in March (27th and 28th). The nitro classes offered will be A, B, D, E, Single F, Twin, sport 20, sport 40, 60 Scale with concourse, 20 kids class, 20 sport tunnel, 20 mod tunnel, and open tunnel. We will be offering LSG27 cat, LSG27sport hydro, and LSG27 outrigger hydro. Friday the 26th will be open water until dusk. The flyer is being finalized this weekend and will be posted very soon. Look forward to seeing you in Huntsville.
Bringing people from the North,we'll be there.

We're planning on using an audio clock!

Sounds good Ron make sure you leave the snow up there okay? ;)

Hard parking at the site for RV's but no overnight stays closest RV park is at the Space and Rocket Museum ( 15 minute drive) tent camping is at Monte Sano Stat Park (30 minute drive)

OK, This reply is a little confusing?? So lets see if I can decifer it.

RV's are not permitted at the site overnight, and parking one during the day can be difficult (I assume space is limited?)

The closest RV park is at the Space & Rocket Museum, which is a 15 minute drive from the lake

Rick

Rick, Give Mark a call. He may need it for a back up or need it for the entire race. 256-303-6423. Look forward to seeing you. It should be fun. Doc.

Great, Look forward to seeing you. Doc

RV's are not permitted at the site overnight, and parking one during the day can be difficult (I assume space is limited?)

The closest RV park is at the Space & Rocket Museum, which is a 15 minute drive from the lake

Rick
The parking lot is large. Plenty of blacktop parking!!!!!!!!!! Doc

Parking at the site is no problem, the site has plenty of HARD parking so you do not have to worry about getting STUCK. Just no overnight parking at the site.

Rick

Parking at the site is no problem, the site has plenty of HARD parking so you do not have to worry about getting STUCK. Just no overnight parking at the site.

Rick

Thanks for the clarification

We're planning on using an audio clock!
:( :( :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Classic Thunder Boat has been added. The flyer is ready we are waiting on a reply from a couple hotels for better rates. We are supposed to have their info by Thursday.

Back