Huntsville, AL Records Trials, 29-30 Nov 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word from Martin?
default_rolleyes.gif

Mark Grim just ran a 107.3 ave with his gas outrigger for a new record. Made a fast pass of 111+. I'll try to post a video later....it was REALLY dark, but you can see a little and hear a lot!

GQ

Ty, yeah it was too bad about the wind...there were gonna be some very fast passes by several guys! But I'm glad we had such awesome excitement at the end with Mark's boat! This is the fastest gas pass ever in the US!

GQ

It was my old SAW boat with the Zenoah motor. My new SAW boat will have the CMB motor. I didn't have time to finish it before this race.

Thanks to CC racing for the engine and Brent Daily at props works west for the prop. You guys rock.

Mark , Congratulations on your new record ! That is haling the mail ,

Maybe the CMB will get some good #s

7 new records were set at Huntsville, all gas this time out. The winds made the big boats happy, all other did not like it so much! I will post the results (NOT OFFICIAL) later today after I get things sorted out from the past 3 days. It is safe to say even with the winds we had a good time out at the lake!

Paul

A big thank you to everyone that came. Special thanks to Chris Rupley the IMPBA President for bringing lunch Saturday, Tony Packos hot dogs with all the fixings. The running list was only an hour long due to Paul and David keeping it moving, not bad since we had over 25 participants.

Great Job Mark!

Sorry that we missed it. I guess it took me and Bruce leaving early for the wind to calm down.

Next time, maybe the nitro records will fall. Martin had his boats running very fast. I practiced with my 45 and 67 and got both them to run 95 in heat race trim. Between the two of us, someone was going to get in to the 15's.

Any how, Rick Grim (AKA Captain Kirk for going where no man has gone) set 4 records in Gas Scale in one 5 minute period. AMAZING!

Thanks to the Huntsville group for putting on the event.

Stu

Hey Stu that is a very good point, we could have used some of your "hot air" on Friday to warm us up!
default_smile.png
Well with the outside sports stuff you have to take mother nature with it, sometimes she is not kind to us. There will be more chances in 2015...

Many thanks to all that supported us in 2014!

Paul

Thanks Huntsville guys I had a great time even though I was off the record by .10 seconds. Close but no cigar. Congrats to Rick Grim. 4 records in a 5 minute span is unheard of. Scott Liddycoat just kept resetting the 1/3 mile Thunderboat oval record. Nick Hartdegen worked all weekend but finally set the 1/4 mile oval record with his Blazer Thunderboat. I missed Mark Grim's blazing 107 mph record. Congrats to all.

Back