hull suggestions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBattig

I've got a 12 turn trinity speed gems motor, and a couple of 6 cell battery packs. I was wondering if anyone knows what hull would go good with this type of setup. I'm leaning towards a monohull like the 22" El Lobo.

Any 20-22" hull will work fine with that motor (just the right turns for 6 cell mono) - however it will wear fairly quickly

To reduce wear and maximise speed use 9% silver brushes and purple springs and water cool at least the brushes. Use a small prop like an X430-x432

Andrew Gilchrist

www.fastelectrics.com

I just bought a 22" BBY oval master. I was wondering what the best way to water cool my motor would be. I didn't know you could cool the brushes on a motor.

I also dont have access to any octura props via my local hobby shop, Do you know a good place to order them from?

Thanks

Matt

congrats on the new BBY OM 22. that is a nice hull. attached is a pic of my motor cooling (can only) on a microbullet that I used to have. very simple.

offshoreelectrics.com offers octura props with a very reasonable shipping fee. I am sure there are others.

Ken

We can ship props with $1 shipping as long as you understand theres no insurance involved. We will also have stock, unmodified octuras with in the next day or so.

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

I guess I would want to buy an Octura x 430 or x 432. Do you keep props that small in stock? I ask because I didnt see them on the list. If so I might be interested in buying one.

Matt

I carry the Graupner Carbon fiber which are a very close replica of the x series metal.

Sorry I dont carry the small x Octuras because they are 1/8 shaft. Not much call for them. I could order them from Octura if you cant find them else where.

I'm not sure what type of prop I want yet, but the $2 X431 looks pretty good for the price. ;D I was also looking at the articles on the offshore electric website, and I was wondering was size tubing was used for the cooling coil? Is it the same as the tubing used on the brush coolers?

Thanks

Matt

And I forgot to ask (this may seem like a stupid question but) which type of cooling is the most important. Brush cooling or just the cooling coil. I'm asking because I'm not quite sure how I would mount brush coolers on my motor.

Matt

brush cooling is the most important - the mnotor can might seem hot but the mags can go to 300 without damage

brushes run hotter still and easily suffer damage run the water tot he brushes first ( red->black ) then around the can

Andrew

fastelectrics.com

I think Garry's route is the one I will take. As for the cooling coil, is it absolutely neccessary, if you are already cooling your brushes?

I have to admit... I have learned allot from Gary. I don't know him personally but I bought a set of his 1/16 scale Atlas plans and he has been a tremendous help. I graduated to a .15 Miss Bud, and I now I am the proud recipient of a set of J.D. 28/30 W.O.F. plans. I still have a lot to learn but that guy is the one that got me hooked!!!!!

cooling the can isnt absolutley necessary unless you have neo mags which can get damaged

you will get a several percent power loss from hot ferrite magnets but the brushes are critical - they are the part whiich over heats, burns the comm and can chip and damge it due to effects of heating - so keep them cool and more han half the battle is won

the mags have to go to 300 degrees befopre they get hurt

Andrew

fastelectrics.com

Back