How many 12G hydros are being built

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you finish and run your 12G

• Total voters

SayMikey

My Son and I are ready to install the stuffing tube. We are getting close to sealing it up and going for a test run. I just want to see if others are close and if some need a push to get to the waters edge...... Please post comments. PS we are having a ball with this easy to build project cant wait for the 21 Mike

My Son and I are ready to install the stuffing tube. We are getting close to sealing it up and going for a test run. I just want to see if others are close and if some need a push to get to the waters edge...... Please post comments. PS we are having a ball with this easy to build project cant wait for the 21 Mike
Getting all of my ducks in a row right now...Thanks Joe Petro, Glenn Quarles, Joe Solinger, Mark Sholund and Ron Olson for getting me to this point!!!

Very big thanks to everyone posting their efforts on IW!!!

-Kent

Jeremy is going to run a boat? now that is a news flash, just kidding buddy, hope you can come and run on the next fun run, mine will be done by then. let the .12 fun begin. Russ if you read this, that means you also need to bring yours out as well. Rick

Just got my header and need to get a mount for the tune pipe and finish installing the stuffing box. Sponsons are completed over hangs and all :lol: . Ordering the servos today and its a matter of sealing the boat up and adding some color. Im waiting on the JAE21 and eyeballing a motor for that. So only thing that could side track me now on this project is another JAE boat. :D

I have 2 that I am building side by side. I have all the parts and I pick away at them every night. Right now I am sealing them. Probably will not see water this year.
biggrin.gif
Working hard to get them done so I can jump on the .21 once that arrives.
wink.gif

Zach

1 almost finished waiting on epoxy to come. 2nd still in box waiting to be built :D

I really hope a new class for these are created and we see more people racing them next year... Its cheap and still 100% fun... :D

I really hope a new class for these are created and we see more people racing them next year... Its cheap and still 100% fun... :D
I have been "forced" to stop my build. I'm an FE person and my gear just doesn't fit. So I have a pretty much built one that I will paint and then put on a shelf. I am doing the FE version that Zippkits are making though.

Number one was just about done then Rod comes along and gives us more tricks to try so that got torn down to update it. Number two got started, got stupid and now have to do a little fixing on that, nothing serious though.

I've got all winter to mess around with them as the snow is supposed to start flying here by Turkey day. Gotta get another order in to Joe for hardware for #2 and throw in some extra coin for the .21 kit.

My wife is wondering why I'm using up so many stamps lately. It's kind of a good thing that I don't have a PayPal account yet!

i'm not stalled, but i still need to put stuffing tube in. just a little buzy building other things :) now that there are three others in the area, i should get back to it. so glenn should be getting motor orders from them <_< . one can only hope.

tim

I had mine built,(still cant believe i did that as i LOVE to build...just not enough time), so that parts done, just gotta get off my butt and order the hardware from Zippkits! I DO want to run this thing BAD, but i guess its still gonna be a little while.....

hi,built mine by the plans as (jap),ran it 3 times.ran it today with other club members,motor was starting to brake-in.easy to toss,the ride attitude was grate...HAD A BIG SMILE...waiting for the 21 kit.what to say nice job to the jae team.

I have one well under way in my opinion.Waiting for some parts to finish it and the it will bet wet in the spring.I am working on a gas whiplash and toggling back and forth while waiting for parts .I too have all winter and i made a few changes along the way to my Kit for JAE.Nothing serious just went up to 5/16 boom tubes I should be back at mine in a couple weeks.Then whan done will seal the 12 and 21 and gas whip all around the same time but ew'll see.

sposons are built and im starting on the tub. i am building from the plans i had blown up and cutting everthing myself. a little time consuming but so far so good. i also have a gas whip to build after i hone my shills on the 12

Sir Alden Cost is sending me back my CAM (cheap ass modded!) motor and mounts, so i should see it any day now! :lol: SOOO im gonna scrounge around my shop to see what hardware i might have that will work, and/or get the rest from ZZZZIIPPPP! About 20 years ago, I built a Dumas LIL RASCAL and stuck an O.S. .10 in it...and had a BLAST! Im sure i will have the same kind of result with this thing....only it will be MEGA FASTER! ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
my .12 drip -edge rigger is about done need some paint. my .21 is comming soon The size fo the build make it easy on the finnish . Not much rubbing & sanding Got my prop from Mark Sholund need a few more.

Back