Here’s what my “thunderboat” looks like now

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it amazing how many clamps you need to build a wood boat
I have 300 binder clips in 6 different sizes, about 30 trigger clamps, 15 spring clamps, and I have 300 magnets on a magnetic building board to hold things. On top of all that, I have 10 1-2-3 blocks, 8 machinist squares, 8 aluminum 90 degree angles, and 4 corner clamps. I am definitely ready to put two things together at a 90 degree angle. Clamp mania, or clamp sickness.

I planned on gluing the frames into the building jig today, but NO, all I did was dry fit and clamp! I swear there is boat underneath all those clamps, and angles, and blocks, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2770.jpeg
    IMG_2770.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2771.jpeg
    IMG_2771.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
If you think it's a pain now, wait until you get to the point of installing the non trips and decks. That's when the stuff really hits the fan :eek:

Hi:
I have 300 binder clips in 6 different sizes, about 30 trigger clamps, 15 spring clamps, and I have 300 magnets on a magnetic building board to hold things. On top of all that, I have 10 1-2-3 blocks, 8 machinist squares, 8 aluminum 90 degree angles, and 4 corner clamps. I am definitely ready to put two things together at a 90 degree angle. Clamp mania, or clamp sickness.
And what do we do with that anger that a comment like this awakens in us: "I've seen the plans and it looks easy to do"?

If you eat the 2% cottage cheese that’s enough to made you puke!Should be square with all the angles and blocks!

Back