HECELL Lipo's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurricane

I found some HECELL 7.4 volt 4000 mah batteries for about half the price of Thunder Power or Apex. Has any one used thes cells and what did you like and dislike about them. I beleive they are made in China instead of Japan. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, i agree that cheap cells are not the way to go but I have been doing some research and these cells sound great. They are getting good reviews on RC groups. I am not sure how many guys have tried them in boats though.

I understand, but remember most of them are using 40 amp draws not 80 to 100 for take off then about 25 amps.

The big electric ducted fax jets use our kind of amps, but they typically aren't wide open all the time like we are either.

Jim is right, there is a greater risk with untested cells in a boat application. Up to you, but if you misjudge your amp draw and exceed the 20C (or whatever the limit is) for too long, you just ruined a pack. Then you don't have the cheap cells and you don't have your money. Now how cheap are those unknown cells when you have to buy them twice?

Feel free to be the beta tester for the rest of us though.... B)

We have been running cheaper and ThunderPower packs in boats and the cheaper ones have to be run at lower amp draws to come back at the temps I would like to see. They are still abetter proposition than nickel for sport running ease of handling and cell life

The build quality is very important. With lipo you simply cannot afford to have hotspots due to cheap quality connections in or on the pack. And the premium brands do have premium backup which is nice

Once you move into the 120 amp region nothing I have seen copes as well as the Thunder Power packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Poly-RC cells are my choice. Seeing as I pull 120 to130 amps continuous out of these cells I'd say their a good bet.

Paul.

I have tried the duralite....evo's.

I do not reccomend them for high amp draw. Plus you have to use their balancers which IMO are too darned expensive and or not as good as others currently out on the market.

The way that they are put together hinders high amp draw....they parallel the cells in the pack and connect the grounds with wire that is just too small in diameter to handle the load. Also, I have tried but cannot resolder the cells due to the way they are assembled.

Back