Heads up guys - don't ignore your body!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get well soon Terry and you're spot on in your message, I work in a Cardiac Cath-Lab and we get patients all the time that didn't listen to their body and come to us in dire straits, and for some, too late. Take care my friend.

Terry,

I just discovered this information this morning but, It's very good news to here you are okay & you are getting better. Last week Dick Tyndall & I were discussing how many of the older boaters are missing & how many are not in good health. None of us want to be in a hospital & this seems to happening more frequently as we get older. I personally have a complete check up every 3 months in the hope that the doctor will find something in it's early stages. I'm very pleased to here you are on the mend; get well soon; take care of yourself & be aware that we are praying for your quick recovery!

Jim Allen

I am happy that you caught the problem and got the treatment you need. Recover quickly!

hi terry,glad to hear you are doing fine. i have been having the same issue with lost or blured vision and was check for mini stokes and everything was negative. my eye dr. still does not know what is causing it.i told her it mostly happens when the light hits my eye a certain way, i will lose my vision for a few minutes and then it is back to normal. again really glad that they got you up and running.take care of yourself.mike.

Wow Terry , glad to know your well on your way to recovery. You writing how you were 57 years of age made me think. I remember the first time I was around you at the races. 1990 Sarasota Nats, so you were 30 years old ! I was 14 and remember my dad speaking with you because he was running your titan rod in a picco 67. I cannot believe it was that long ago, and this hobby always makes me think about 'what year and where'. Get well soon, Jeff Lutz

Wow, incredible sorry TK. Really glad to her things are moving in the right direction. Rest up, heal up, and be well!

It's been an eventful couple of weeks since our Can-Am race.

The Monday evening after I had a partial loss of vision in my right eye for a couple minutes, kinda just looked foggy, felt a little dizzy but fine afterwards. Figured I was just tired from the race. Two days later had another complete vision loss in the same eye and went to emerg later that evening. Diagnosed with TIA's or "mini strokes", apparently the highest risk of a full blown stroke is in the first 48 hrs.

Long story short my right carotid artery was more than 90% blocked in two places, had an emergency operation yesterday and am on the mend. I'm very lucky to be alive.

I just turned 57 and am in good health, had no prior symptoms. Family history of heart attack/stroke but my cholesterol and blood pressure was good. Not enough exercise but not a couch potato either.

If you're lucky enough that your body tries to tell you something, listen!

Post_Op.jpg
Well well soon eh.!

Oh my you will be better in no time. Get a good gym program. Take those nice long walks.

See ya at a race.

Bob And Karen Morton

Geez Terry what a shock!!! Seems like yesterday you showed up at the Mini Gold Cup at Belle Isle, don't think you had even started shaving yet, way to young for this! Glad you heard the shot across the bow and all went well with the surgery. Good that you are home and out of the hospital, stay away from those places people die there! See you at Thread Lake, this year lets have no wind or rain and get some go fast done!

John

OMG - Wow Terry - Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! My dad passed away at the age of 57. Seems to be a critical age as I know of several people who have had major health issue in and around that age. I am glad you were able to catch it early enough...

Wishing you all the best...Steve...

Back