HAVE A LOOK AT THESE SUPER MODS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTERS Racing

well theres this guy at work real nice would harm a fly but he wont listen any way he was asking about modding a piston and liner a week or so ago in his .21 buggy any who

i said look give (this guy a call have chat to him about what you want and see what he has to say.......

any he call ( this guy ) he said its going to cost you this much to do this and so on well him being the penny pincher he is he had ago at doing it him self i bet he is now wishing he listen

to me see pics it from a tecnopower buggy engine

cheers

DSC00574.JPG DSC00573.JPG DSC00573.JPG DSC00572.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It honestly doesnt look TOO horrible. (I too have seen worse) BUT, the fact that he enlarged the ports so much (im assuming without a way to measure them) is what scares me. I wouldnt run it in my engine, but he can go ahead, and let us know how it works out..... :D

Yeah I hear ya There he asked me if it was sitll useable I said

I'm sure it's not going to run the best with transfer ports so big lol

It doesn't look THAT bad.. if he had not enlarged the port I think he would have been fine... I can't even find my dremel right now!!!!!

Well tell him not to toss those parts as they will be good to practice cutting on, I have a junk liner I use to set my dremel RPM and test new bits on before I go working on a good part.

You have to start some where and the first time will not be the best. Little tip use diamond burs to remove the chrome first from the ports as the chrome will dull anything els the first time you try. also use a file on the port opening into the cly after you remove the chrome. A file is easy to control and will leave a good strait port opening. the slower you run the tool the better it will cut.

when filing the ports make a wooden dowel to fit in the cly at the top. Put this in a vice it will give a stable platform to work with when using the file. this way you can make long strokes with the file to get the angle you want in to the cyl.

Happy cutting

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back