Great Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard the sad news. I am in shock. What a loss for our hobby!!!

My thoughts and prayers for the family!!! That includes the extend boating family as well.

RIP Mr. Wilson!!!

Bert Dygert

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jim's family. We met him (and Diane) at Hobart where he would light up the race with his big smile and enthusiasm for the racing and racers. RIP Jim.

Cindy & Tom Driver

Jim was a great guy. I enjoyed and looked forward to seeing him at Hobart . His knowledge was extensive and he enjoyed sharing it with others.

He is a real loss. Prayers for his family.

Jim was a highlight for my trips to Hobart the last few years. I looked forward to having Jim be the special announcer tor the 1/8 scale class. Jim will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Boaters,

I lost my Best Friend yesterday.

Jim and I were the best of friends,we talked on the phone twice

or more every week since we met. We talked about anything and everything

in our weekly conversations. We would share our passion for : model boats, BBQ,

Dinner recipes, life's ups and downs, l would even make him fresh seasonal homemade

jams from scratch that I have enjoyed since a was a kid. I cannot believe the

Impact that he made on my whole life. What a Great Friend!

Our times in Hobart together will always be fond memories that we shared together.

What A Terrible Loss For All Of Us Who Loved Him,

Mark Sholund

Jim Wilson was a brilliant man who shared his passion and wisdom of model boating with anyone that would listen. Jim and I had many great conversations over the years. This past Sunday we talked more about life and health issues than we did about model boating.

I had no idea at the time, that this would be our last conversation. Jim was a true friend and I will forever miss him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Diane and to all of his family and friends.

Thank You Jim, May you Rest in Peace.

Rick Kirbitz

Jim came to the 2006 Namba nats in Ft. Lauderdale Florida the extreme heat. When we met at the lake he told me that a group of guys from northern California drove non stop from the suburbs of

San Francisco to Ft.Lauderdale 71 hours total. I thought he was kidding me at first. I could not believe he drove 71 hours straight with no stop overs. We talked along time about various subjects. Last I

heard in the pits was Jim was cleaning house in some of his classes he entered. This was at a time when everyone was over compressing and blowing glow plugs right and left. What stood out about Jim was his gentle nature. How do you find a more dedicated person to the hobby then a Hall of Fame member who gave a stranger his best and was at the top of his game and second to none. If there was a ever a model boater that possessed all the elements of greatness it was Jim Wilson. He will be missed and a example that all modelers should shot for. Dan McCormick Namba221

Jim was a dear friend of mine for years,he will be surely missed by myself and many others R.I.P. my friend.

I will miss Jim.

He was my best friend. I learned more from Jim in the time I knew him than I ever will in a lifetime of boating.

I am at loss for words.

Happy Boating my friend!

Chris

Truly a sad day and a great loss fo all of us that were blessed with knowing Jim. I met him a couple times at Hobart. He was a friend to all and ever willing to share his knowledge with those he met. My thoughts and prayers to his family and fellow boaters in his district.

Wallster

Wow where to start

First you can see the impact Jim had on everyone.

I talked to Jim not a fair amount but enough. Jim is one person you put in the ONE OF A KIND. Category in a GOOD WAY

We spoke a lot about me moving to California and he was more than willing to help any way he could

I wasn't as close as some obviously but I was close enough to call him a friend and More important a GREAT PERSON and this world Will miss that. But rest assured he is in a better place

Jim thank you for being YOU. Hobby or no hobby you are a great man.

Chris wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
met Jim several years ago at Hobart. knew in 30 seconds he was someone special you wouldnt forget. what a huge loss. condolences for his family, friends and all who knew Jim.

I met Jim and Diane at the Nat's in Washington and found him a great wealth of knowledge and freely willing to share with anyone who took the time to ask and listen. He was a great man in our hobby and will be truly missed by all that knew him or even had the chance to talk with him. There were no secretes that no one was to see on his boats, if you looked and asked why he did that he would tell you. There is a great whole in the model community and will take a long time to be filled!! He will be truly missed by Diane, family and all their friends and the model boat community!!!

Rest in Peace Jim and we know there is another great boat racer in Heaven and a true friend when we get there.

Brad

Wow where to start

First you can see the impact Jim had on everyone.

I talked to Jim not a fair amount but enough. Jim is one person you put in the ONE OF A KIND. Category in a GOOD WAY

We spoke a lot about me moving to California and he was more than willing to help any way he could

I wasn't as close as some obviously but I was close enough to call him a friend and More important a GREAT PERSON and this world Will miss that. But rest assured he is in a better place

Jim thank you for being YOU. Hobby or no hobby you are a great man.

Chris wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well said Chris rip Jim

Back