Great flexshaft Snafu

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawlessMan

This is also posted in the manufacturers' forum, but I though some folks might not be following that topic So, here goes.

UPDATE, but not so good news.

Well, the year has renewed and I thought many of you were wondering what is going on with the great flexshaft snafu.

I know this is going to sound far-fetched and like I am trying to give you all a runaround, but I assure you this is the true situation. After finding out that all 1000 of the shafts I had purchased from a new supplier were wound backwards, I contacted the manufacturer and found that their 1-year defect-free warranty had expired. They offered me a discount on a replacement order, so I ordered a total of 500 replacement shafts (that is, 100 each of 5 different sizes.) When they came in, they were definitely wound the correct way, BUT, the manufacturer had ignored the specification for the length of the squaring at the ends. They were squared, but, boy did they ever overdo it. Some of the flexshafts were squared 2 to 3 times the specified length. For instance, the flexshafts I got for Thunder Tiger drives were squared as much as 2/3 of their length. Some of the OS-size flexshafts were squared for over an inch, and as much as an inch and a half. Not one piece in the order of 500 was useable due to the extra long squaring. I am once again trying to deal with the manufacturer over more replacements and will keep after this until it is resolved. In the meantime, I have been informed that Hyperformance Products ([email protected]) has all sizes of outboard flexshafts for sale on their website. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience to all of the Lawless customers who purchased flexshafts from me or got them with a drive. It has turned into a real nightmare for me as well. Also, I am asking anyone who bought a drive or flexshafts and has not been contacted by me individually to please send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Please use the word "flexshaft" in the title. Tell me how many you got and what size and (as soon as I have more) I will replace them. Even the "free" ones.

Fred Howe

Lawless Drives

Last edited by a moderator:
Back