graupner px-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo blast

hi my name is darren i am new to rc boats but have had rc nitro cars for a few years

at the weekend i purchased a graupner px-1 hull

i want to fitt a 7.5cc nitro engine into her does anyone know if you can get a gearbox of sorts so i can connect two propshafts to the engine i think they might be called a splitter box or something ?

any tips anyone can give me on this hull i would apprecate it

thanks

darren

Darren

Can you give us some information about the px-1, type of hull, length width etc.

Not aware of any splitter boxes for a 7.5 cc nitro. What engine and pipe do you have?

You should look at joining a local club there are IC boats running, priors lea and kingsbury water park both have clubs I think.

Brian

hi my name is darren i am new to rc boats but have had rc nitro cars for a few years at the weekend i purchased a graupner px-1 hull

i want to fitt a 7.5cc nitro engine into her does anyone know if you can get a gearbox of sorts so i can connect two propshafts to the engine i think they might be called a splitter box or something ?

any tips anyone can give me on this hull i would apprecate it

thanks

darren

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a few pics

some dimensions

hope this helps

length :1070mm

overall length :1140mm

beam : 310mm

dry weight :1800g

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Ok its a cat, nice looking to.

I think I saw on another site that it leaks around the seam. I would re-enforce the seam with fiberglass tape, using either epoxy or poylester resin (use the same as the hull, from the pics I would guess poly).

Should make a nice looking cat. With a decent 7.5 engine you should be looking at 50 mph, looks quite narrow so you may need to exercise some caution in the turns.

How much clearance is their between the hull and the lid where the engine will go, you may end up with the cylinder head sticking out through the lid.

If you haven't got an engine yet I would recommend a CMB 45, Dave Marles at Prestwich models (www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk) should be able to sort you out with an engine, pipe,mount strut and rudder. You will need to sort a waterproof radio box again Dave can sort this and any other hardware you need.

Brian

Ok its a cat, nice looking to.

I think I saw on another site that it leaks around the seam. I would re-enforce the seam with fiberglass tape, using either epoxy or poylester resin (use the same as the hull, from the pics I would guess poly).

Should make a nice looking cat. With a decent 7.5 engine you should be looking at 50 mph, looks quite narrow so you may need to exercise some caution in the turns.

How much clearance is their between the hull and the lid where the engine will go, you may end up with the cylinder head sticking out through the lid.

If you haven't got an engine yet I would recommend a CMB 45, Dave Marles at Prestwich models (www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk) should be able to sort you out with an engine, pipe,mount strut and rudder. You will need to sort a waterproof radio box again Dave can sort this and any other hardware you need.

Brian

Thanks Brian i will take a look at the site and see what i can do .. yes the hull does leak at the seam in working on remiding that now

will keep you posted

Back