Gas Rookie Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Ron

i'm a FE Guy adding a Gas boat :rolleyes: to my fleet and i want to paint my new Seaducer GX1 Sport Hydro... yellow deck, black hull with the '95 DEWALT Hydro graphics package, is this a social no-no, a typical rookie screw-up or is it ok?

give it to me straght :blink: guys

Ron

Ron,

I don't think it's a "social" no-no, and it's not against any rule in IMPBA or NAMBA that I have seen, but it is just a bad idea to have a black hull on an oval race boat. Whether it's electric, gas, or nitro, it is nearly impossible to see a black hulled boat when it is upside down. If the hull MUST be black, try painting some fluorescent orange stripes on the bottom or something. The guys in your heats will appreciate it, and it may save your boat from getting run over in the back stretch.

Have fun!

Jim Vaughn

HOTMBC

i'm a FE Guy adding a Gas boat :rolleyes: to my fleet and i want to paint my new Seaducer GX1 Sport Hydro... yellow deck, black hull with the '95 DEWALT Hydro graphics package, is this a social no-no, a typical rookie screw-up or is it ok?

give it to me straght :blink: guys

Ron

I wish more people would paint their boats with an unlimited/limited appearance. I agree with what Jim said...put something on the bottom so it doesn't blend in with the water.

Good luck!

Brian

I wish more people would paint their boats with an unlimited/limited appearance. I agree with what Jim said...put something on the bottom so it doesn't blend in with the water.

Good luck!

Brian

Thank You Gentlemen...

day-glo yellow stripes on the sponson bottoms it is then...

Ron

Yep, that'd be excellent. I have a lot of experience with my boats being upside down, and in that position, the more visible they are, the better for everyone. I'm also pleased to hear that you will be painting your Sport Hydro a realistic scheme. Bring it to the Gas Nats over here in Houston this year, and I'll pit for ya.

Ron do you already have your Hydro? I so how do you like it? I ordered the same one today white on white. Also what motor are you running or going to run in it?

Ron do you already have your Hydro? I so how do you like it? I ordered the same one today white on white. Also what motor are you running or going to run in it?

Brent,

i think i ordered it, i told Jerry "DEWALT" yellow gelcoat deck and black gelcoat bottom and sent him a graphics link to get the deck color right but i'm not sure he believes i'm really wanting a gas sport hydro :lol: me being a certified Amphead and all...

he might be afraid i'm gonna toss a Neu 2215 1.5YF and a truckload of lipo's in it and go.... na na na, na na

but it ain't so!

Ron B)

Back