Gas engine pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrotoys

I have seen a few people run the MACS 84 pipe on a Zenoah 260.

What header fits on the Zen and works with the mac pipe?

Or what pipe is a good pipe for a rigger with a 260?

Someone have Pros and Cons of running a nitro pipe? vs a gas pipe?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom!

Bob K. (KRPNOVA) suggested to me that an Andy Brown "84 Muffled" is the pipe to use in my ProBoat 1/8 Bud (260 PUM). He said to use the stock header but to cut off 1". That would make the header length (from mounting flange to coupler end) about 6 1/2".

I haven't tried it yet, but as soon as the ice goes away, I plan on starting out stock and doing several upgrades to see how much each upgrade improves performance.

I've got the AB pipe, then a Walbro 257 carb is next, then engine mods............

And yes, Istill need your help turning down the piston. Do you ever get up my way? I'm about 15 min further north from Doug's place.

BOb the Fool :blink:

Hey Bob, Once in a while i get to see the LADY On the river there in elgin. :p

When ever is fine to meet up,

Going to have to get that Boat out with us this year.

When I originally bought my SGX it had a AB with a 90 degree header from CMDI along with a Toxic Al 260.I liked the performance and our club is trying to get the noise levels down which this pipe falls right into a quiet pipe.I blew my header apart and have not replaced it because they are out of stock.The header is a CMDI special header with no orings.Im told that you can run most any header be it Hanson,M&D.Ive replaced the whole setup with a M&D pipe but will go back to the AB pipe when headers become available again.As far as gas pipes for your rigger M&D makes a nice pipe but they are hard to find and a second would be a C&C pipe with a 90 degreee header and a third choice would be a Midwest 2 inch band pipe also with a 90 degree header.

I have the 2 inch band pipe on the rigger now, Just for testing I swaped my cats pipe (M&D) to the rigger and got about 900 more RPM On the same set up.

That midwest pipe seems to keep it from really winding out.

I just am looking for a good pipe to let the 260 wind out alittle more.

Latest posts

Back