Fuller's Hydro Strut

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

Does anyone know if its possible to take the busings out of the Fullers strut and replace it with a brass bushing. I would like to set up my strut like my Gas boats that all use speedmaster strut bushings. Has anyone tried this with the Fullers strut?

i haven't pulled the bushings out of one myself, but i don't see why you couldn't do it. an alternative to the fullers strut is a nitro strut. i have one on my 6 cell rigger that i bored out slightly and popped in some ball bearings. much smoother :D yes...the big strut looks a little strange on the back of a 25" boat, but it seems to work.

I always drill 'em out. Start with a 3/16 drill and just keep stepping it up. If your lucky the telfon sleeve (or whats left of it) will just stick your drill bit as you remove it. Be careful to drill straight or you'll oval the I.D.

I always drill 'em out. Start with a 3/16 drill and just keep stepping it up. If your lucky the telfon sleeve (or whats left of it) will just stick your drill bit as you remove it. Be careful to drill straight or you'll oval the I.D.
Alan I found the sleeve bearing/bushing that I want to run BUT all I need to know is the size once the original bushing is removed so that I can make one myself. I have no problem buying one for $3 but I have always made them myself for my gas boats and see no reason why i can't for my electric boat as well. Would you happen to know the size of bras tubing I will need to fit into the strut?

Hi RD,

the strut ID should be .250 so use 1/4" brass tubing.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, I will take a run down to the local hobby store today and pick up some to try out.
Ok I went to the hobby shop this morning and got some 1/4" brass to fit into the strut and some 7/32" to use as the strut bushing. Tried it out today and it worked great. Thanks for the help.

Ray D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time just use the dull end of a drill bit to size the hole in question.

Back