• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS- Newton build 8700 1/8th Scale Hull, hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, because of other projects, and no time, or money to work on this hull, I must sell it. I got this recently and did a little work to it, but it still needs some more minor finishing and it will be ready for paint. The hull was originally the 94 Smokin Joes hydroplane, but should make the Close Call and Winston Eagle, and I am sure many others. The hull is built off Newton plans, it comes with the hull, cowling, speedmaster rudder and strut, wing and fins, and anything else you see pictured. The sponson bottoms are full Carbon fiber, not just covered in carbon, they actually have carbon plates for sponson ride and non trip pads. There are a lot of neat tricks put into the hull: Offset cowling and sponsons, the near removable top hatch that is on sliders, the front canards are adjustable, and there are black lexan access covers/ openings to get to the fuel tanks. Whoever did the original build put in a LOT of time on the little details. I am positive with some sanding, and filling a few low spots, the boat can be brought back to its original glory. In the pictures below, there is a gentleman holding this boat. It was apparently the original boat owner and how the boat once looked. This was the original paintwork and originally how the boat was years ago. Anyways, please ask if you have any questions. I am asking $450 obo plus shipping for the boat. Shipping will most likely be $30-50 depending on what part of the country you are in via fedex ground. I am located in the Greenville, NC area. Thanks, Mike Luszcz, [email protected]

DSCF0015Large.jpg

DSCF0016Large.jpg

DSCF0017Large.jpg

DSCF0018Large.jpg

DSCF0019Large.jpg

DSCF0020Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info on the original owner of the hull Phil. I hope it helps move the boat easier! Mike

Chris Jenkins holds first dibs right now on the hull. Talk to you later tonight Chris, Mike Luszcz

The hull is now payment pending with Chris. Should have it finalized tomorrow! Mike

Hey, the hull, with hardware, wings/fin, cowling, everything included is probably around 10-12lbs. I have everything already boxed up as I had it sold. If it will make or brake the sale, I will pull it all back out to give you a closer weight. Thanks, Mike

Didn't hear from the above person, had an email from another buyer, waiting on his response.

Will update soon, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back