• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 1/8th Scale Turbine Pay Pak, 8401/8700 built frame, and Velasco cowling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I have a few 1/8th scale hydroplane items to sell, so here goes.

1) '80 Turbine Pay Pak 1/8th scale finished hull. I restored this hull as a hull I wanted to just display in my house, but here lately it seems to mainly display dust. It's a full new dupont base/ clear repaint, with new Thunderboatgraphics.com decals. Hull only ever had minor chips and bruises before the restoration, no major damage had to be repaired, just wanted it looking nice. I did make it where FE can be run, but it is also at a stage where nitro can still be done as well. Buyers choice. The cowling mounting technique will need to be finished. I had planned on doing a velcro system for easy removal with FE. It also needs a turbine tube. It does have strut installed with tube. No rudder, but existing transom holes were filled with west system/ silica mix, so its good and strong. Basically its a fresh build that buyer will need to finish up. Stand is included if wanted. Asking $550 plus exact shipping. I already have a box that will handle the hull, and I can ship the stand in a separate box.

2) ML Boatworks 8401 (late style with jones sponsons)/ 8700 (again, late model rounded sponsons) built frame kit. To make the 8700 you will just add on the non trip extensions to the transom to make it the 8700. Selling for $210 shipped in the continental usa. The sponson strakes (the 3 frames that slide into the sponson ride pad area) have not been glued in yet, just slipped in for the pic, so buyer can easily modify framing if they want. Frame is built, batten sticks added, and bottom pan added.

3) Velaso "108" cowling. $60 shipped in the continental USA.

2012-08-13_07-06-52_129.jpg

2012-08-13_07-06-43_319.jpg

2012-08-13_07-05-49_579.jpg

2012-08-13_07-06-58_203.jpg

2012-08-13_07-07-08_863.jpg

2012-08-13_07-07-29_6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If more pics are needed of anything, please just ask. All of these except the last 8401/8700 pics were taken with my camera phone, so I know they are not the best. I can pull out my wifes DSLR and show how slick the paint is on that Pak! Oh wait, here is another of the Pak:

IMGP31711024x768.jpg

IMGP31701024x768.jpg

I would like to buy the Velasco Cowl.(I got a kit and cowl, now, but an extra would sure be nice.) Can do Paypal. Zip 95827

Mike,

I have never owned a finished scale, but if I ever do, it will be one of those Winston "Lobster" boats in the middle of the pic above!!!!!! That is one smoking hot boat!!!!!! Great building and quality my friend!!!!..... ;)

Thanks Rudy, cowl sold to you. Thanks Ron for the nice words! Offers welcome on the remaining items!

I hate to disparage your scale work however, your Dominos is nowhere close to the real boat.

I saw it at every race it went to and it was never that clean and or shiny!

Looks good though.

Haha, i know the real boat always had a dull look to it. I saw Brian Andersons Dominos at tri cities and the imron i think he used probably closer matches the full size. I wish when he gave me pics and codes he would have let me know shiny is not correct!

I was commenting more about how they never kept the boat clean than about your choice of paint.

Oh ok, you know that boat made its way back to the hydroplane museum and will be restored back to the Squire Shop?

Most models look way better than the orginal real boats. Hell we repaired the 71 Madison during the Movie and used porch paint on it

Mike I was really surprised to see you put the turbine Pak up for sale but I'm even more surprised it's not GONE yet at that price. Folks this boat is super nice and can do FE or nitro in the current build point it is at. Buying primer, paint, clear and graphics for a new build would be as much as his asking price. :)

Most models look way better than the orginal real boats. Hell we repaired the 71 Madison during the Movie and used porch paint on it
It's the same way with restorations as well. Ted Jones and Chip Hanauer both said the restored Slo-Mo-Shun V(Ted said this to me about the "MO" while at the Tacoma Dome boat show when the Mo was "unveiled") and 82 Atlas(Chip was reported to have said this about the Atlas when he saw it after the restoration was completed) looked better after they were restored than when the boats were new. Being personally involved with restoring the Slo-Mo Shun V, I know that crew chief Roger Newton wanted the boat to be as close to perfect as was humanly possible. I guess we made Roger, Ted and Chip happy with the results

Brad just let me know and i can get it whereever you need it to go stateside.

Don, with all the scales I am building that I plan to actually run, its tough to hang on to one I restored to hang out in the office! I thought i would keep it longer too. Your right tho its very clean and a shame it has not sold. Just.so everyone knows i offered it to someone on OSE for $570 shipped and will extend that offer here. Shipiing costs me about $65.00 of that. Let me know if anyone would like it for that.

Back