• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free JAE Gas Outrigger Unfinished Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f41stryker

I started building this boat years ago and never got around to finishing it. I will be the first to say that I'm terrible at building wood kits so I'm not even sure how correctly it was done. It's been sitting in my basement for years collecting dust and I decided that if someone wanted it to try and finish it and race it or use it for parts, it'd be doing them more good than I. I must stipulate this would be local pick up only, I'm giving this away so spending time boxing or paying for postage would be silly on my end. If you're local to Cincinnati, Ohio and would like the boat and hardware, it's yours. To keep things fair, DO NOT PM ME that you'll take it, post a message so that there's transparency and no hurt feelings. And again I make no claims as to how correctly the boat has been assembled, I tried to follow the directions as best as I could but I'm by no means good at working with wood. The epoxy used to join the various parts was all fresh West Systems, I do know that.

I'll take that hull. We're talking about the Hydro

Ron

Saw its local pick up lets talk about me paying for shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a deal and kind gesture of a fellow boater. Zipps are easy to build as long as you have a flat surface to work from and good square. but as he stated building is not for him. You could of asked someone to build it for you as Jim Walker builds Zipps, Myself I build anything for anyone Zipps, KEP's and ML etc. I am sure Ron will get her done and running, maybe let you take her for a spin if you see him?

Brad

Honestly I don't even remember if I'd reached out to anyone for help or not, I bought this probably 8 years ago and started in on it. My heart has never really been in gas boats, I've always preferred 1/8 scale nitro boats. I appreciate the support though! It's just been collecting dust for years and I don't have the heart to throw it away if there's someone out there that can use it or finish it.

If you don't find a local pickup, let me know. I'll be happy to come by and pick it up. It'll be sent to Ronnie, as he was the first to post to take it with shipping. He pays shipping, I'm good. There's plenty of gassers here in Cincy, wonder if any of those fella's would be taking it..

Chris Going to pass and let Jim give you the $100 and pick up. Great to see people like you helping out other boaters.

Ron

Excellant dael there!!! One mans junk will become another mans treasure. or in this case one dusty started project will get finished and wet!!! Thinking about dusty projects I better get some of mine finished.

Brad

I'll take it if no one else wants it.

I'll even offer to trade some custom running gear for it.

Latest posts

Back