Frank O balancer paperwork

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends I have lost the instructions to my Orlick prop pitch gauge any chance one of you can send me a copy? Paper, email, pm, text anything would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

GQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn,

Not much to them really. Install both brass pegs in the base and pull out the shaft

you want to use. You will notice on one of the brass pegs it has a screw tapped

Through the peg, you adjust the shaft to spin nice and easy with a small screwdriver

On the adjusting screw. Make sure you firm it up so it just starts to spin freely. I would

Put the 1523's on the lathe first to even up both blades, this will save you a lot of time

on the sharpening and balancing of them.If you have any other questions give me a call.

231-590-3023

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn just incase Ron doesn't have it, you can do the math yourself but the charts would probably be a great help. You take what ever your reading is on the dial indicator and multiply that amount by the segment of the circle or if you have the amount you sweep the sylist on the prop ie: 45 degrees, 45 degrees equals 1/8 of 360 degrees, so if during that sweep you move .125" you would multiply .125 x 8 = 1.00" of pitch. The first pitch gauge I built (mid in the 1960's) for full size props, would only move the prop 45 degrees and didn't have a dial indicator but used 2 pointers and a 6 inch machinist scale. When I started running toy boats I replicated the same thing but used a 1 inch stroke dial indicator. Later I added a protractor that would allow measurement in all areas of the blade from leading edge to trailing edge.

Thanks, John

Yup, what John said.

(degrees of movement / 360) x dial indicator movement = pitch
default_smile.png

Back