Fourth Annual Herb Stewart Memorial Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mic I will get with Mike to see if he entered.

The idea was tossed around to do a fun run, and as of right now I think we have two classes that have made 3 boats everything else hasn't made it. At that point it isn't worth dragging the equipment etc out for that.

Also depending on what happens, I may have a closing to attend for a house so I may not even be able to make it myself.

And Andy I totally understand where you are coming from, I switched jobs and haven't really looked at my boats let alone try and promote a race or do anything else that I was supposed to do as VP this year. My play time went from excessive to non-existent and looks like its not going to be much better next year. Hopefully next year it can be better than last year for sure!

Matt

Before you cancel totally I think with the small turnout the event could be held on Sunday alone and easily run 4 heats. We have had years in the past with only 10 racers showing up and had a good time. I talked to John Otto and he said there was some discussion on an only Sunday race. Last year Halloween fell on Friday and wasn't an issue. Aside of easier to set up and run a one day it would save some hotel expenses for "locals" over 100 mile away which is why we ran 1 heat on Saturday in the past and 4 on Sunday with a drop. last year with the "Aussies" we had a great out of town showing. This year we have Sowega the week after and no one coming from the north. If numbers increase in coming years things can expand. I hate to see a tunnel boat tradition lost in what is the tunnel capital.

Mic

I have been trying to get signed up tonight but no luck. I am having a problem with my pay pal account. I will see if I can get it sorted out tomorrow. I am planning to run p spec and stock b

If I need to I can always run by mikes shop tomorrow and pay him if my attending the race will make a difference

Jeff, Give Mike a call if you can so he at least knows. Any entry can help swing it at this point.

Robert at this point it'll either be a one day race or no race. We haven't set a number of boats for the cut off, we'll make that decision on Saturday when we see how many people have entered.

Thanks,

Matt

I hope we get to race have been looking forward to this race for a year! It was a great event last time and everyone should get to experience it. The facility is top notch and the club did an excellent job of running the race!

Get signed up!

There has to be two more P spec boats out there........come on guys!

Mic I will sign up for open tunnel so maybe we can run that class as well..........

Jeff I will be bringing a p spec and hopefully a stock b

I have not been able to get my paypal account to work so if the race is happening I'll just run pay mike in person one day next week

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff I will be bringing a p spec and hopefully a stock b

I have not been able to get my paypal account to work so if the race is happening I'll just run pay mike in person one day next week
That's great! See you there......

Back