For what it's worth.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack ODonnell

OK I know this is a boat forum, but some of us use boat engines in our cars. Anyway,For what it's worth. The U.S. nationals for Tether cars is being held on Sept. 21,22,23 in Anderson,Indiana. There will be a group of cars from Europe competing at our nationals this year, and there will be some fast speeds for sure. So if your in the area, stop by and take a look. And don't forget to say Hello. J. ODonnell

OK I know this is a boat forum, but some of us use boat engines in our cars. Anyway,For what it's worth. The U.S. nationals for Tether cars is being held on Sept. 21,22,23 in Anderson,Indiana. There will be a group of cars from Europe competing at our nationals this year, and there will be some fast speeds for sure. So if your in the area, stop by and take a look. And don't forget to say Hello. J. ODonnell
Sounds interesting! Wish I could be there!

Sounds interesting! Wish I could be there!
Rats we are racing at the other end of the state. Good Luck Jack go fast!!

I grew up in southern california, so I got to watch these guys run on the ring at whittier narrows (across the fwy from Legg Lake). If you haven't seen them run, it is worth the effort. The performance is amazing.

holy shiz :blink: and i thought my grandfathers 150+mph control line planes were fast :eek:

There ok but not much for driving basicly a track dyno.Nothing im interested in.I would get to dizzy watching them i dont think you can even follow them as there so fast.But i guess you dont need much as the only radio funtion would be a third channel maybe a throttle but dont think its needed.I could be wrong as im always is.Are they four wheels or two?Looks like a cycle to mee could be the fastest indian LOL

For anyone who has never seen these run in person, this is something you need to go to check out :eek:

The things they do with these engines is VERY interesting. I wish I lived closer :(

Norm Doerr

I had an opportunity to watch Jack and Steve run at Anderson some years back and it IS AMAZING. You think that the car is going as fast as it is going to go and then it adds 4 or 5 thousand more rpm and REALLY goes. JAck has told me that the pipe must come on gradually or it will actually spin the tires off with so much power.

You should see the needle bearing rotor assys and the hand workmanship on both the car and engines. Jack and Steve are among the elite in the World at this. If you are anywhere near Anderson, Indian, be SURE to go watch. Now that I live so far away, I won't be able to.

Oh, and they don't run any nitro, just methanol/oil. Everyone runs out of the same jug of fuel.

Best of luck Jack.....

Marty Davis

Guys,

From what I understand, they run steel pipes. Not for the resonance or any other performance reason, but for structural integrity. The centifugal force will crush an aluminum pipe against the chassis. :blink:

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Hello Jack. Is Steve coming with you? I would really like to see both of you. It has been a long time. Over 20 years. I can't make this trip now but I am trying to get away in November to come out to Legg Lake and see the old gang again and also to spectate. Good luck, Charles :)

PS Put that 200 mph mark behind you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back