• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Flow meter in oak tool box SOLD PF to Cptn Vic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boaterbill

Has Dwyer magnehelic gauge, Dwyer flow gauge, Tanner Density gauge, on/off valve, regulator.

Also has Radio Schack digital thermo-hygro, can be moved to the inside of the door, it's attached with velcro, film container has 4 extra batteries. Comes with instructions. $250 shipped w insurance in the USA.

I tried attaching pics, for some reason does not work for me, e mail me, or send me message I will send them to you

Uses standard propane bottles, screw onto hose coupler, either one 14.1 oz or 16.4oz

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont mean to be ignorant here or uneducated but what do there instriments do and how are they connected. I can get the magnahelic gages all day long brand nnew but I dont know what they are used for in R/C. Thanks

I dont mean to be ignorant here or uneducated but what do there instriments do and how are they connected. I can get the magnahelic gages all day long brand nnew but I dont know what they are used for in R/C. Thanks
They are used to set the flow of fuel to the carburator thru the needle. First you'll need to run the motor untill you think it's running it's best. bring the boat in shut off the motor, disconnect fuel line to the inlet of the third needle, or carb needle, connect the line out of the flow meter, set the carb so its wide open, turn the flow meter on, adjust the regulator so you have a flow of 40psi, look at the flow gauge, see what number it flows at, wite down that number, look at your density gauge, note down the density. This will be your base line reading. You will take different readings on different days you run, write them down in a log book, on either side of the base line, untill you have quite a few. On any given day you can always set carb at the base line setting then go from there, or look at the density for the day, look at your notes find that density & flow number, set your carb to that, away you go.

Settings will change according to air density, air temp, and the mood of the motor. How to build it. I've had enough typing for a while. Send me your e mail I will e mail you instructions on what you need and how to hook it up and use.

Bill

Sent you e mail with three attachments

1-List of what you need and how to put it together.

2- Instructions to ue it.

3-Picture of the flow meter

Run into a wall or don't understand something send me an e mail. Glad to help.

Enjoy.

Later.

Bill

Bill are these for nitro predominantly or willthey work on gas also? Thanks for you help.

Hey my email is [email protected] I look forward to reading what ya sent. THanks Again

Bill are these for nitro predominantly or willthey work on gas also? Thanks for you help.

Hey my email is [email protected] I look forward to reading what ya sent. THanks Again
HI, Dave this is used for nitro boats. I dont think it would in any way help a gas effort. I hear you are leaving For VA in about a month. I hope to see you before you leave. Ken

Back