Flex cables for the MV and Deuce

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Bowf

Awhile back tower was out of flex cables for the Miss Vegas and Deuce. I think this was probably due to the tight bushing on the Deuce (high breakage rate). I talked with Steve at off shore electrics, and he said there was not an octura stub that accepted a 150 cable and had a 1/8th prop shaft.

Later I talked with another guy about this. He got some stainless steel and turned a couple stubs for me. I think I was one of the first folks to get his assembled cables. He assembled them with octura flex cable.

I did not want to say anything about them until I had a chance to test them. This weekend was our first test run with them. We probably got about 8 or 10 runs in before my daughter flipped the boat and broke the rudder control arm on it. We had no problems with the flex at all.

The flex comes with a new bushing, so it fixes the problem the Deuce has with the bushing being too tight on the stub shaft.

As I mentioned, my cables came assembled (I think he was thinking about offering them unassembled, but don't know if he is or not).

Here (click) is a link to his web site where he carries them. The stainless stub should be a better fit for boats than the normal stuff they make stubs out of (that rusts over time).

I have no affiliation with this business. If anyone orders from him, I would be interested in feedback on the service. Also curious what others think of the flex cables. I think they are going to be far better than the stock shaft...only time will tell.

Thanks,

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic of flex shaft attached, as it came, bushing, drive dog, etc.

It came in a bag straight (I tied it in a knot for the pic...it does not ship that way).

Sean

Flex.jpg

Pic of flex shaft attached, as it came, bushing, drive dog, etc.

It came in a bag straight (I tied it in a knot for the pic...it does not ship that way).

Sean
looks like the ones mike is making .. nice stuff im gonna get a couple for my sons duece and my new soon to be duece .

tk

Back