Flex cable

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impba3548

Hello,

I am not into electrics yet but a couple of us are considering it. I was wondering what is the smallest size flex cable that can be obtained and where? I use a small electric to retrieve the gassers and it needs a flex cable drive instead of the solid angled drive as the boat hops badly as the cg is off. I would like to put a parallel drive on it as the boat is so small u joints are out of the question. The boat is a Dumas DV10, the motor is smaller than a 380 if this helps..

any inpout appreciated,

mike sr

Octura has .098 cable and 1/8th stub shafts, you could also try a .062 wire drive in a 1/8th stub shaft.

Thanks for the info, I will give them a call and maybe that will help with the hopping problem, I didnt realize it came in that small size.....

mike sr

Thanks for the info, I will give them a call and maybe that will help with the hopping problem, I didnt realize it came in that small size.....
mike sr
Impba3548,

I have just bought out a hobbie shop in Ca. and may have the size cable in stock. I have .098 ,.130,.150 ,.187 the .187 is square on one end. I also have several flex hex in different sizes. strudders in.130. to much stuff to list

. if you need something just email me @ [email protected] or ph 1- 256-779-6472.

Thanks

Walt Barney

Walts Hobbies

Back