First boat build ever

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Brown

I have a Zipkit JAE21G.I have a couple questions.

Hitec water proof servos for throttle and rudder good idea or not?

2nd ? I am using a JL.21 air cooled engine with slide carb and it is super thight on space.can I put a water cooled rotary carb on the engine? if so where do I shop for one?

3rd ? when time comes and I want to spend some big bucks like next tax season money no object kidda the dream mill scenario engine what should I go with? Thanks any and all comments will be appreciated Johnny.

John... build the boat per the instructions EXACTLY. Straight, Square, and true to the best of your ability.... The radio box should already be waterproof per the build.... as per Hitec.... 645 MG on steering and 81, or 85mg for throttle will stand the task.... you will need a rotary carb ( if i had an extra id give you one, post on here, WTB, with the neck/bore size of your engine) )..... I've seen slide carbs used with a bell crank system but thats a pain..... Motor upgrade next year, Glenn Quarles on here is the Novarossi engine dealer, and your boat performs very well with the nominally priced 5 port W/C engine he sells, with many other engine options.... Stu Barr on here also deals the CMB performance line of engines... Post up if you have questions, as the JAE team is on here constantly, they do help, and you can get it done.... Mike

Go with a 85MG for throttle. I have and many others have burnt up the 81MG and 82MG. As for a motor I would buy a GO, anything else and its $ wasted.

TL

John

hope you enjoy your first build.....

go with 225mg steering and 85mg throttle and 3rd channel.

and when you are ready to spend $, you get what you pay for, you want the best, Novarossi world leader by far...

talk to Aaron Alberico or Glenn Quarles for your Nova

cheers Luca

Thanks guys,I am really enjoying putting this thing to gether.Although I must say Mike Walker did the hard part for me.I`m try to use engines and sevos I already have to keep cost down and on my first boat project as a learning tool.so thanks again from what I read on this all you guys are very helpfull and it`s good to know when I get stumped on something all I have to do is ask.My carb bore is 14mm where should I go to buy one because as I research I get over welmed and it seems most places are across the big pond in Europe.I welcome all 2cents worth lol Johnny Brown.

Johnny, there are multiple places to get a carb. You can contact Glenn Quarles on here. He has novarossi carbs. Or place an ad in the classifieds section.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah,.. place an add on here and something will pop up,.. this is a great forum.. tons of info and great people!!!

Dam rite got me a B21 GO motor pipe header,and other things in today from Cedar Rapids,IA

Thanks Rodney your the man,I don`t care what anyone else says lol.No really you the man I can`t thank you enough.

No I`m working on multipal projects in what I call the circal as I get parts lol.I`ll put up my latest almost complete.

Walt, I sent him a nearly new GO.21 5 port ready to rock, collet, header and pipe. So he should be good to go to get on the water :D

Walt, I sent him a nearly new GO.21 5 port ready to rock, collet, header and pipe. So he should be good to go to get on the water :D
Good , I have N/R carb I was going to give to him just to get him started. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Walt Barney

Walt, good on you. Why the roll eye's smiley's?? PM me if there's an issue. By the way the tank for the sport 20 worked out perfect....

Rodney, you rock, Walt, that was a nice thing also.

I better get his stand sent to him, the boat should be ready to run real soon.

Back