Finally got to run my Whiplash GV today!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Crouch

I know that I don't post here often but after today I really felt that I needed to. Our pond has thawed out and 3 of us went over there today to run boats. I had finished building the Whiplash in late November and had to wait for my prop to show up and by the time it did our pond had frozen over. Well got to run today and all I can say is HOLY CRAP!!!! This boat was smokin with just the basic setup that I did per instructions. Only thing I did different per John Finch was mount the rudder on the right side of the boat instead of the left side. It was very windy today and there was a lot of chop so I could only run about 1/2 throttle up the back chute and come off of bouy #6 and hit it hard down the straight. I forgot my camera and the gps but Ray Hotckins was there and his boat was running almost 60 mph and I was passing him like he was milling!!! He tried to get me to put the gps in my boat but his is really large and there was no where to put it. the CC racing modded motor ran like silk and is one of most powerfull gas motors that I have owned. He told me when he shipped it to me that I would not be out beaten by horsepower alone and he is right. I also have to give Brent Daily (prop works west) credit for making me a great prop for this boat. I think with adjustments and fine tuning this boat will run 70mph no problem, but today was not the day to try playing with the setup. I do like the way the boat hangs the bouys and the turn fin that Brian includes with the boat works well, I just wish that it was not sent rough and presharpened, I spent about 2 hours alone working on the turn fin thining it down and putting a edge on it.

I realize that this is not a "gas boat" forum, but I know that some of you do run gas boats and thought that I would pass this information on....

John Crouch

I got to go out and run on Monday afternoon for about a hour since I got off of work early that day. I did get to take the gps with me on this trip. I ran 4 tanks of fuel thru her, I had 2 runs at 69mph, 1 run at 69.1 and 1 run at 69.2mph. I have been told to get up with Chris (Dasboater) and get him to make me up a ABC 2 bladed prop for it. with that prop the boats down south have been running 72mph in heat racing trim. Gonna have to try one!!!

Back