FE motor question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie Lerew

I’m getting together my first 21 size FE tunnel and need some information. Going to get an OSE lower unit TFL-542B40 that has provisions to bolt motor directly no adapter. I can order with motor SSS 3674 V2 2000 Kv or order zippkits motor 3656 2030 Kv. Can someone give me what is the better option?
Thanks for your help.
Ron

How much power depends on the size and weight of the hull, What is it?
Too much power will put you upside down more often. We all want to go fast. What are your goals? Fun run or competition? The 3656 will be equal to an average mod 21 motor.
Mic

in my experience with both motors is that you will never use the 3674 to its full potential with most 4s batteries. Get the 3656.

I’m getting together my first 21 size FE tunnel and need some information. Going to get an OSE lower unit TFL-542B40 that has provisions to bolt motor directly no adapter. I can order with motor SSS 3674 V2 2000 Kv or order zippkits motor 3656 2030 Kv. Can someone give me what is the better option?
Thanks for your help.
Ron
It is hard to find specs on that 3656 motor.

I did find for the 3660 SSS motor the weight is 245g
The 3674 SSS motor is 370g

Potentially the larger can has more surface area for shedding heat and has higher power handling.

I suppose it depends if you are ok with a little extra weight for the better power handling and possibly running a little cooler.

Back