FE glass outboard 36”

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know how wide this area is on an HTB360? Or have a windshield decal they will sell for it?

0692259D-FAD3-4A8D-9B12-B95DA2295C22.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this jewel in today, this is my first ever wooden boat. Paul @ PTI recommends paint, its been sealed with epoxy for a light weight prep before paint. It definitely needs to be sanded smooth because its a bit rough. What is the suggested primer and paint to use? Any tricks to the trade other than following the primer/paint directions? Im a huge fan of gel coat so Ive never painted my boats, have experience with real cars and RCs, but not wood...

2939A9BE-2B43-4A8A-A0B7-36079AC1E962.jpeg

I use the house or Kolors it's called hi hiding white with no primer on the boat and it works very well.then you can paint the boat with you co

I use the house or Kolors it's called hi hiding white with no primer on the boat and it works very well.then you can paint the boat with you co
Do you use house of kolors for the color of the boat also, or a different type? I assume after all color is laid, a general automotive clear coat is used?

Since you are building an electric boat, there is no need of using the expensive base coat/clear coat automotive paints. Rattle cans will do just fine. But if you want to go with the auto paint, House Of Kolor or PPG 2021 are very good clear coats.

Scott,

I recently painted my vision hull. I got all the paint supplys from coast air brush. The guys over there are very helpful. I used house of colors paint and spray max clear. They will load the color you want in an aerosol can. The spray max clear is also in an aerosol. I just scuffed the gel, sprayed the base coat ( color ) then cleared it after with the spray max clear. The clear sprays really nice and is very durable. The nitro hasnt affected it all and the finish results were just as good as I have ever got with a spray gun. For clean lines I used then vinyl masking tape. For the windshield I used a template thats online for the VS1.

https://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SprayMax_1_Part_Clear_Coat

D51F4426-314F-4CA6-BDC2-F0664981CAF3.jpeg

F379868D-5D56-468D-9BC7-DCD4E229E7DD.jpeg

9ADCE064-FFEB-4BE6-AEFF-5F67433A3F7F.jpeg

Scott,

I recently painted my vision hull. I got all the paint supplys from coast air brush. The guys over there are very helpful. I used house of colors paint and spray max clear. They will load the color you want in an aerosol can. The spray max clear is also in an aerosol. I just scuffed the gel, sprayed the base coat ( color ) then cleared it after with the spray max clear. The clear sprays really nice and is very durable. The nitro hasnt affected it all and the finish results were just as good as I have ever got with a spray gun. For clean lines I used then vinyl masking tape. For the windshield I used a template thats online for the VS1.

https://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SprayMax_1_Part_Clear_Coat
That sounds like the way to go, and it turned out great on your boat. Thanks for the info

Back