F1 28",32",44" & 48" project plugs & moulding

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats some job. You find many people making a 1/4 scale tunnels? Seems like an unquenched segment of the hobby. Hope you can push on in good spirits, the fiinished product will be a real thing of beauty, What do you think about clear windsheilds on those big boy 1/4s? That always looks spectacular in my opinion.

Cheers Mark

theres a few 1/4 scale tunnel builders round but always room for more hehe

Clear windshields do look good especially if you can get a driver etc aswell but on this 1 ill be running mesh screen cos of it running IB so need airflow through but OB can also be run with a couple of changes which once got an OB ill be building 1 up ;)

1st lower out the mould came out nice,this 1 is a test piece,thin layup to see how well it releases and break the mould in

Next job is clean mould ready for next 1 which will be stronger layup to build the topdeck on

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

More soon

That looks really awesome.. Can you send me your phone number to my email so that I can talk to you about getting one for myself. I would be running an outboard on it . Here is my email: [email protected]

Thanks.

Layed up new lower with thicker and stronger layup so ill start the topdeck build now ill add bulkheads and centerpod,wings formers straight to the moulded lower and some stiffners

Just gotta decide seamless or box lid finish

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

Made a start on the topdeck

Hopefully should look good once complete still alot to do and finish the profiles off of how i want it to look

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

Darren. Great looking plugs. super job !! coming from a fellow boat maker. but i have one question. all that hard work, time and money. making the plugs, and everything thats involved in making a new design. but how do you know if the boat will run correctly, after completion.??? my last build was the cobra 2 tunnel and i built a proto type wood over foam, and ran it first before molding it. have you thought about this ??

Dan Hutchinson (cobra tunnel boats)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dan thanks mate means alot coming from yourself

Iv been designing and building boats for awhile now and using wood,iv built several F1's that have run and never bothered moulding till now

This 1 is based on 2 hulls which have run in wood build 1 32" and the 44" pictured in other thread,after hrs and hrs of studying F1 design,vids,pictures etc and previous builds aswell as been around fullscale F1/F2 hulls i use this to the next step in design,but 1 thing i do is keep a record of all the best features,angles and measurments and use these on everybuild the just tweak the design here and there

My aim is to design and build more scale looking F1 that will perform identical or as close to the full scale hulls while handling not so scale speeds LOL

The last builds have been a massive leap forward in my design and perform,handle/Fly as they should,there is still some minor issues iv come across and hopefully sorted these now with the new lower hull iv moulded

The wing section on the new topdeck is the same as previous hull but the centerpod is different which in turn will improve the aerodynamics and easier access to work in

Im confident it will be a performer and fly on edge just like the real deals while being stable at topspeed

The only build i never tested before moulding (my 1st time moulding) was the X cat which is awesome performance (thank god haha)

These are the 2 designs that have proved well so far and a vid of each if you not seen them before ;)

32" F1

vlcsnap-2011-09-24-20h26m43s177-1.jpg

Vid my mate put together while setting up and a couple of saw runs and pushing the hull hard and to the limits

Rgds Daz

Daz you have mail
Nitro boater you were told back on Nov. 5th in another thread that you need to add your full name to your signature line so it appears when you post as per the new rules. If you need assistance with this p/m myself or any of the other admins and we'll do it for you but it must be done.

Back