Expresscraft Race V hull build.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it does, I am not there yet,and my kidney function is about the same since last year,It is the blood pressure that is taking it's toll, BUT I could have lived a lot more years then I will and taken most of them for granted like most people do every day. I was up at 5 am and I let my bunny rabbits out and spent some time with them this morning like every morning and it's a great start to another great day.We have started building a dagger so I think I will show That build next as it's a shoe box and some might like to see the difference in how they are done. So we have the gel coat sprayed so far.

Oh, and my old laminator did start back with us and he has done some motorcycle parts that we make and just knocked out a Arapaho,So it will be great to have some help again and give the wife a break. he does very good work, We taught him to glass about 10 years ago and he went on to building real full size boats.So he has a lot of experience as well.

dagger sprayed 001.JPG

dagger sprayed 002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Daggers deck and hull laid up. I also have a Arapaho going out today so I hope to blow these parts out of the mold and get them ground down fitted and joined today.

dagger 2 001.JPG

dagger 2 002.JPG

Tom I've been keeping up with this thread but haven't had much comment. Very nice work and when I get either caught up or at least convince myself that I'm getting caught up, sort of, I will loook at getting a mon hull like this. Not a bad price at all.

Rick H.

I have taken the parts out of the mold and trimmed off the flashing, on the hull i wipe it down with acetone,then sand the very top edge and wipe down again removing any wax from the top of the hull,the deck and the deck mold get waxed more and the deck is put back in the mold,then the hull is fitted to the deck that is supported by the mold and taped off, I make a paper funnel and mix some gel coat and aerosils (micro balloons) to give me a putty.Add your MEK (hardener) then use the funnel to fill the gap between hull and deck, wipe excess off making sure you can see the line made by the edge of the deck.Then remove the tape pulling away and back over itself,Now walk away and let it dry good.

speed freak hydro 001.JPG

speed freak hydro 002.JPG

speed freak hydro 004.JPG

speed freak hydro 005.JPG

speed freak hydro 006.JPG

So I have removed the flashing and reached up inside the hull and glassed the deck and hull together, Now the rails are in and drying in the sun.

Back