Even the 'trols are looting...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I feel guilty for laughing? :unsure:

It's a shame that some of the people are taking advantage of the situation like this. If the police are gonna loot, they should at least donate something to charity for crying out loud. :D

Bernowt said:
Should I feel guilty for laughing?  :unsure:
It's a shame that some of the people are taking advantage of the situation like this. If the police are gonna loot, they should at least donate something to charity for crying out loud.  :D

112571[/snapback]

The one they caught on film should donate a year's supply of donuts, she could use the calorie savings.

What needs to be done is the officer and her companions need to be stripped of their ranks, brought up on charges, and discharged from the force. Once unemployed maybe they can then "justify" thier actions.

In one scene you can a see a young adult male with what appears to be a new boom box on his shoulders, another shows a child pushing a "power wheels" type kids car out of the store. I am reasonably sure that both are necessary to survive the ravages of the hurricane. :angry:

Events like this bring out the best and the worst in people and when events like this take place one has to do what is necessary to get by. But not to see what you can get by with.

My heart and prayers goe out to those in need, but if the south wall of that WAlMART fell on that officer and her companions I might just have to smile just a little.

Mike S.

The problem could be that they also could be homeless and in need of supplies, after all they are human too trying to get by but their attitude towards the camera crew are a different story. The looters are going wild around them while they aren't doing a thing to stop them but instead joining in. Well, they're got them on tape, now it's up to their superiors to act upon the evidence against them. What got me too was the truck outside with the bed loaded and full carts next to it.

It does appear to be rather humorous, not enough gas or a vehicle to get out of the city, but they can round up items at Walmart to steal. That might explain why Walmart is not been very vocal about support.

Being overseas currently, I get to hear the European twist on this, and I along with allot of folks here can't believe what is going on with some of these people. What is it about shooting at bridge engineers? Really have to wonder somedays.

Beryl

I'd like to vote to close this thread.

Undeniably there are a hand full of knuckle heads making it look bad for all those left in New Orleans, but they is not a representation of heart and soul of New Orleans residents.

Lets focus our energy on helping our fellow Americans and not gawking at the action of people that should be in jail anyway.

Dan_Cousin said:
I'd like to vote to close this thread. 
Undeniably there are a hand full of knuckle heads making it look bad for all those left in New Orleans, but they is not a representation of heart and soul of New Orleans residents.

Lets focus our energy on helping our fellow Americans and not gawking at the action of people that should be in jail anyway.

112781[/snapback]

For gawking all you have to do is watch the news or read the papers since your friendly reporters like to sensationalize the B.S. anyway. Gotta get them viewer ratings up. <_<

The good & humanitarian efforts don't make the front page headlines. :(

It's just like the song says- "give 'em dirty laundry." :rolleyes:

What got me the other night on Bill Maher's show on HBO was the media playing a race card. The Whites were salvaging, the Black's were looting. It looked the same to me.

Some of you know, I'm a Yank living over in Oz and I can tell you the picture being painted to the world is not good. The raping and molesting that was going on in the stadium really shook me up, as there were a dozen or so Australians in there too being rescued they were interviewed for several days afterwards on primetime news. When the Mayor says "the police have more import things to do than worry about looting" and then we see the police have plenty of time too loot as well it does make you wonder. Why weren't these officers assigned to stand gaurd some where? If they aren't held accountable for their actions then there will be a even bigger Race problem down the road.

Back