esc wireing set ups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakysneakyracing

i have tryed a few setups on the esc wireing and i just saw a post in the past that said not to cut the motor wires why is this.

i know that shortening the ecs wires is recomended to reduce heat and resistance

i'm about to set up a nue with a hydra 240 and i dont want to make any mistakes

i have 6mm bulet conectors and a max amps 14.8v 10000mah bat

what would be the recomended set up

either silver solder the motor to the ecs or to put bulllets inbetween and with the battery should i put the esc wires into a bullet or one on the inside and one on the outside?

any pics or info would be great

i have tryed a few setups on the esc wireing and i just saw a post in the past that said not to cut the motor wires why is this.

i know that shortening the ecs wires is recomended to reduce heat and resistance

i'm about to set up a nue with a hydra 240 and i dont want to make any mistakes

i have 6mm bulet conectors and a max amps 14.8v 10000mah bat

what would be the recomended set up

either silver solder the motor to the ecs or to put bulllets inbetween and with the battery should i put the esc wires into a bullet or one on the inside and one on the outside?

any pics or info would be great

So...

I cut all my ESC wires and even the motor wires sometimes (depending on how long they are). To keep heat and ripple current at bay cutting is a must, specially if you are not installing extra caps. Cut the wires shortest as possible down to a max of 2 inches, less then that, you be heating up the boards too much when soldering the plugs, specially if you have a weak soldering iron. If you CANNOT cut the wires short, I'd recommend extra caps... unless you have plenty of money to burn on ESCs.

6mm plugs are a nice size, cut the ESC cables ALWAYS THE SAME LENGTH, solder them together and then onto one plug... again, 2 wires onto one plug, same goes to the motor side and the battery side. You want the phases on the ESC to get the same voltage and amp draw.

This is of course, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can cut the ESC wires as short as you want but dont ever cut the wires comming out of the motor. They have an epoxy coating on them and you'll never get solder to stick unless you have a solder pot. Worry more about keeping the wires from ESC to battery as short as possible.

Mark

thanks guys

i will need to shorten the leanth of the battery wires i thought about adding caps but my soldering skills are not the best i have been blaming the cheap quality iron but i just got a hakko very nice unit but my joins have not improved wi will start doing things properly and get some resin flux and good solder i can keep covering messy work with heat shrink.

Back