esc soldering

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

i have a turnagy 120 esc and want to put 10 ga wire on it . do i just solder to the esc or cut the wire back to the esc and extend the wire with 10ga wire ? the esc has 12 ga wire for now. also i'm putting 5.5 connectors on ,does it matter witch half of the connector goes on either end ? it's my first electric build so please be kind? lol

Why are you adding 10ga wire? Is there an issue with the wire length or is there a perception issue that 12ga can't handle the current?

Mike

Leave the 12 ga wire alone. it's more than capable of flowing safe current draws for that ESC.

Not quite sure what you are asking about the connectors, but most follow the red-hot-female approach to them. Female goes to the battery hot (+), male to the black. Obviously reverse this for the ESC wires that plug into the battery.

For the ESC to motor connection, that's your call. You can either put 3 females on the ESC side...or the motor side. If you have a partner that runs FE, mirror his setup so you guys can swap equipment if needed.

thanks guys ,my esc wires are to short and i am run a p spec set up . 4s on a aquacraft 2030 kv motor . if i run 10 ga wire there would be less resistance?

Not necessarily. It probably depends more on the quality of the wire and solder job rather than the gauge of it.

Back