EARTHQUAKE.................

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Zorro

Supporting Member
Whoa Nellie! At 1:51 Tuesday afternoon I was in the shop fixing some boom tubes on my Gas Rigger when the whole shop began to shake. The 8 foot long lights suspended from the ceiling were swaying back and forth and this went on for about 15 seconds. At first I thought it was a large dump truck going down the street, but it just kept making noise. The news stations are saying it was a 5.9 . The epicenter was about 60 miles northwest of where we are at ( Mechanicsville is 7 miles northeast of Richmond ). We are fine here, just hope that we don't have any aftershocks. I don't have time to spend worrying about this stuff................gotta work on boats and make some turn fins!

Dick Tyndall

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa Nellie! At 1:51 Tuesday afternoon I was in the shop fixing some boom tubes on my Gas Rigger when the whole shop began to shake. The 8 foot long lights suspended from the ceiling were swaying back and forth and this went on for about 15 seconds. At first I thought it was a large dump truck going down the street, but it just kept making noise. The news stations are saying it was a 5.9 . The epicenter was about 60 mikes northwest of where we are at ( Mechanicsville is 7 miles northeast of Richmond ). We are fine here, just hope that we don't have any aftershocks. I don't have time to spend worrying about this stuff................gotta work on boats and make some turn fins!

Dick Tyndall
Sure it just wasn't one of your farts. 5.9 sounds about right. :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Dick you were pretty close to the epicenter!

Get ready for the aftershocks!

-Kent

it woke me up. we just had aftershock here in pa at about 3:15pm

That is correct! I felt in here in Mississauga (just west of Toronto) - it only lasted for about 5-8 seconds....My chair started moving and my coffee was shaking from side to side!

Steve

The new says it was felt up in Canada.

yep it was felt here in ct also.... musta been crazy for ya don... hell of a ride...thing you dont normally feel.........like tom said,,the world is for sure changin.....

ac

glad to hear you guys down richmond way are doing well ! i was under a car on the lift at work, believe me, i bailed like a scared rabbit. i thought the lift was coming down or pulling out of the floor, when i realized that it wasn't just the lift, an earthquake crossed my mind, but didn't think that was it, 'cuz they're pretty rare for us. then i heard the news.......

foley, closest you ever got to an earthquake was when a sinkhole opened up, pass me another beer.

Robin i did the sdame thing, we went back to work today after a 2 week strike and i was on the computer when i noticed out of the corner of my eye the window was shaking, jumped up ran out into the parking lot, left everything behind money, phones, glasses, computer,keys too. We have a old cinder block building and the last thing i wanted was for it to start crumbling down with me in it. My boss crawled under his desk and screamed.......... "EARTHQUAKE " :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

There were reports of the tremors here in Kalamazoo but I felt nothing. I had just gone to a meeting at work and was standing, never felt a thing yet there were postings on Facebook about locals saying buildings were swaying, etc. I don't know what they were on but they sure didn't pass it around! MIS reported on FB of feeling it and Randy Rapedius said he felt it over in Canada.

Hi guy's, i was just watchin the late nite news here down under and they said it stopped baseball and tennis matches. Hope everyone is ok up there? We have had enough of the earth movin and natural disasters down this end of the globe!

Back