Drive Dogs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
robert,,, i have had nothing but issues with the aqua drive dogs,,, the only one that lasted a while is one that i soaked well in red loctite...

octura makes some dogs that hold up very well for the .187 shafts... that would be your best bet imho....

alden

I tried ordring some from offhshorelectric having hard time with there order sheet everything is right but keeps telling me something is wrong and dont have a phone # for octura

i was getting them from bob cormier,, i havnt seen him on here in some time... sorry i cant help with the part #,, i looked and must have tossed the sleeve they came in...

just be sure they are the 5/16 o/d dogs and you will be in...

alden

robert,,, i have had nothing but issues with the aqua drive dogs,,, the only one that lasted a while is one that i soaked well in red loctite...

octura makes some dogs that hold up very well for the .187 shafts... that would be your best bet imho....

alden
Hum.. I use them on all my 20 boats.. they work great.. and have a taper leading edge.

Standard 3/16 shaft.. toss the nut unless you run an OS OB..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMWA7&P=7

Grim

I got a hold of Tom from Octura i was able to get 5 drive dogs shipped half the price that offshoreelectric wants for 4 drive dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
straight to the source always gets the job done... glad you found some robert..

grim,,, i ment no offense,,, i was just sharing my personal experience with them.. ive had at least 3 right out the package that would not tighten up..the hole in the dog was to large,, and made for a poor fit to the set screw... like i said,,my experience with them,, it was my honest opinion..im all for aquacraft and what it is about,,, bringing properly priced exciting fun to the world.. thank you aquacraft for that..some things just cant compare to the other options out there,, i guess thats my point..

alden

I got the drive dogs from Octura nice drive dogs BUT the set screws are junk a hole all the way through them when you put a wrench to tighten down you cant goes right through it. Also not enough set screw on bottom to hold onto the flat. I think i stick with the Aquacraft because i had to replace all the set screws.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ose ones are the same way... kinda strange for sure,, but on the other hand ive never had a problem tightening them...little loctite and snug usually works mint...

alden

Back