Drag Boat Wreck

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must have been one hell of a blower explosion........Hope the driver bailed before it blew..... it seems the boat was blown out of the sky.

Saw a blower explosion on a nitro fuel dragster a few years ago... it forced the engine block into the track a few inches....

They had to cancel the rest of the day because the track was damaged so bad.

And some people complain about new saftey rules..........

Have fun, Race safe,

Bob the Fool :blink:

If you watch close, the boat motor hit the power llines. It wasn't the blower exploding. The resulting short on the power lines probably ignited the fuel.

WOW! The closest that I've seen to that was at our local 1320 during a Winston points series weekend. This was back when Winston also sponsored drag racing.

An Econo-rail had made a revious pass and his triangular 'chute didn't blossom out right as it waved around before catching air. His next pass, the 'chute came out nicely but came off right by the finish line. He couldn't stop and ran through the sand trap at the end of the strip then hit a hill beyond that, putting the rail up into the trees. We could see it spinning in the air once he hit the hill. He wasn't so lucky but did live.

Oddly enough, a rail that he was running against in the earlier round of time trials had made a left turn from the right lane and was timed rolling through the traps at 162 MPH.

Show'd the vid to a co-worker who is into drag boats. Phoenix is the site, the guy bailed out before hitting shore and only broke a leg.

I thought that looked like the pond in Pheonix. I went there a couple times when I lived in Tucson.

Great water to see drag boats.

Back