Do you have a hobby other than boats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glenng, I am in prime! Atleast I feel that way! But I am gonna be 43. Maybe my math skills need a little tune up?

Mopar, yes, same browning. Great gun.

Another fun one, my Dad has a Winchester 1873 in 44-40, his Aunt gave it to him. He remembers a picture of a relative holding the gun on a train somewhere in the West, whish we had that pic!! Can't remember date of manufacture. It's early though. That gun is over 100!!

Here's couple of photos of my latest Sea Monkey from Zipp Kits. I manage to get in flights between heats of racing when boats are being retrieved from the race course.

JD

just ran the #'s on my marlin model 99 .22, actually just letters so i knew it was pre '68. KK means it's 11/67, 49 years old. i couldn't begin to guess how many thousands of rounds i & my son have shot through it. few hundred in an afternoon wasn't nuttin' for us, just to have some fun. done that a lot in the 38 some odd years i've owned it. still my favorite squirrel gun.

Here's couple of photos of my latest Sea Monkey from Zipp Kits. I manage to get in flights between heats of racing when boats are being retrieved from the race course.

JD
Dunny,

I see why its called the sea monkey.. thats the FUGLIEST airplane i have ever seen.. LOL. She is a 2 bagger!

JUST PLAYING WITH YA JOE! lol.. nice to see you making some planes!

Grim

Look! A mother & her children. One 40 inch nitro 15 & two 30 inch nitro .07 & electric brushless with all pull-pull fishing fly line...they can go straight up & land like a feather. The class is called fun-fly & I just love them! All my other rc planes have pull-pull fishing fly line...NO LINKAGE USED.

100_0696.jpg

100_0700.jpg

100_0701.jpg

My son and I have been slowly restoring this1969 Honda Z50.

Been a great little project for the both of us, just a few more things and it's done.

Tim

102.jpg

103.jpg

20131029_204820 (640x480).jpg

20131029_204857 (640x480).jpg

My latest hobby is helping with the restoration of a real B-17 bomber at the 8th Airforce Museum in Pooler Georgia

another thing i enjoy is collecting old bottles & glass items. more a thing of opportunity than a hobby. finding old homesteads & bottle dumps is getting tough, so when i do, i see what i can find. won't buy anything, much more interesting to go hunting.

JD
Dunny,

I see why its called the sea monkey.. thats the FUGLIEST airplane i have ever seen.. LOL. She is a 2 bagger!

JUST PLAYING WITH YA JOE! lol.. nice to see you making some planes!

Grim
We were going to call it the "Sea Mike" but we didn't want to insult a good airplane...

I have had to use a steel reinforced, concrete paper bag once or twice in my life...

Joe

About a year and a half ago I got into kayaking, started out with a regular roto molded sea kayak. As soon as I started racing them all of that changed of course, just like with RC boats! Now I have two racing kayaks, one that is 18 feet long and 21 inches wide and another that is 20 feet long and 18 inches wide made of carbon/kevlar. Races can be a 4 mile sprint race or a 30 mile endurance event. Lots of fun, good folks and a racing kayak is a great fitness machine. Lot of composite tech in kayak racing. Search Epic kayaks and look around their website.

Oh man very cool stuff! Julian that motors freekin Bad Ass like to see the beast its going in . Well guy's check out my toys 1st is my edition of project X with a blown and injected 350 2nd is a Shot sand car powered by a GXS 1100 turboed 350hp. Oh ya the 57 almost there at 750hp+

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man very cool stuff! Julian that motors freekin Bad Ass like to see the beast its going in . Well guy's check out my toys 1st is my edition of project X with a blown and injected 350 2nd is a Shot sand car powered by a GXS 1100 turboed 350hp. Oh ya the 57 almost there at 750hp+
Nice toys Charles my engine is 381 SBC with Weiand 8-71 blower. I see you have a BDS blower what size ?

Its a little smaller 671. What are looking to run for times and how come your not running alcohol easier on parts and cheaper than 120 octane.

Its a little smaller 671. What are looking to run for times and how come your not running alcohol easier on parts and cheaper than 120 octane.
Run times once I'm done adding the turbo kit and a few other things it should be around high 8sec to low 9 sec ET at the 1/4 mile track.

I do not have it set up for alcohol at the moment because that's the way I have it but eventually I will get it switched to alcohol. My blower engine is set up for alcohol it has Ron's injection system ;-)

Julian.

Dude just reread your motor info I ran a 377 on alki and was at 1200hp you're got to be pushing more than 8 even if its under driven or you just take and switch them pulleys and wake that monster up have fun and check back from time to time with this place. Are you selling all your fleet just seen the 101 for sale to bad you leaving the hobby later Charlie

Dude just reread your motor info I ran a 377 on alki and was at 1200hp you're got to be pushing more than 8 even if its under driven or you just take and switch them pulleys and wake that monster up have fun and check back from time to time with this place. Are you selling all your fleet just seen the 101 for sale to bad you leaving the hobby later Charlie
Yeah selling the majority of my fleet I want to to run it conservative for now then I'll switch the Pulleys and go WFO lol. Charlie you should buy my engines for your twin brother.

Project X looks great... a great tribute..

Grim
I remember back when Popular Hot Rodding magazine did Project X, word has it that car has graced their mag cover more times than any other. Was even better when it popped up in the 1980 movie Hollywood Knights (that finally came out on DVD a few years ago) providing transportation for two then not so well known actors named Tony Danza and Michelle Pfeiffer, both starring in their first "big screen" roles. Still one of my all time favorite movies, it is considered a cult classic and a must have for any hot rod car nut.
default_cool.png

Back