DIY twin motor mono build 'G-Force'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made good progress with the build. I installed both esc's, reinforced the lipo tray, made a servo mount and modified the hatch for the gps.

20231109_193734.jpg
20231109_193651.jpg

Here's video part 8:

Thank you Mike. I'm curious too, and if the boat does not perform as expected, I might try shorter stinger drives. I hope to find out soon 😎

The G-Force had it's maiden run this weekend.
I ran 2x 2 lipo's and the boat handled pretty good. It has a little bounce and it spins out in tight corners, but I will work on that for the next run.
I got 62 ad 64mph on the runs. It's a good baseline, from where I will work on increasing the speed.
The Speed goal is 87.5mph (140km/h) so the tuning journey starts now.

I made some improvements on the G-Force.
I added a brace to the rudder arm, and I sharpened and balanced the propellers.
20231224_151627.jpg
20231224_151620.jpg
20231217_185651.jpg

I can't wait to take her out again and set some speed numbers. Here's the video of the modifications:

Looks great again.
What I've seen with long rudder brackets is to add a horizontal brace for stiffening instead of vertical.
Do you feel it was going up and down?

You got a good point there.. I might add a side-brace too, as the rudder is actually more slim sideways.
I didn't notice any rudder movement. I added the brace to protect the rudder from breaking when I flip the boat.
I appreciate your input!

This weekend I ran the G-Force and I got some good results. I fine-tuned the stinger angle for the 43mm 1.6 golden props and I got a new speed record for this boat.

After that, I ran with the 44mm 1.9 pitch props. The G-Force runs very stable with these props. Maybe a bit too wet, so I will move the lipo's to the back of the boat a bit more, next run.

Here's the video:

I broke the rudder blade on a recent run of the G- Force. I made a new one, and took the boat out again. She ran pretty good, although this pond is too small too fully stretch the legs of this boat. I got 74mph with twin 3670 Rocket motors and 44mm 1.9 props. Basically a very budget setup.
Unfortunately, I had a nasty crash and I blew the hatch off. The boat sank halfway, but luckily no big damage. Just the hatch and the hatch mounting.

Video here:

Thanks for the advice Xtreme 👍 I will do that.
The issue is, the brass tube holding the flex shaft is well below the water line, if the boat lays still in the water. In the beginning, with a freshly greased flex shaft, water is kept out. But after some running, grease is pushed out of the teflon liner, by the thread of the flex shaft and I guess that's where the water starts to come into the boat.

I checked the water cooling systems, and it's leak free. The flex shaft / brass tube showed leaking water after a while in the bath tub.

Thanks for the advice Xtreme 👍 I will do that.
The issue is, the brass tube holding the flex shaft is well below the water line, if the boat lays still in the water. In the beginning, with a freshly greased flex shaft, water is kept out. But after some running, grease is pushed out of the teflon liner, by the thread of the flex shaft and I guess that's where the water starts to come into the boat.

I checked the water cooling systems, and it's leak free. The flex shaft / brass tube showed leaking water after a while in the bath tub.
Sometimes the teflon does not fit perfectly and it leaks between it and the brass tube ive had that a few times and its fixed by just adding some tape to the outside of the teflon
I hope you find a good solution, leaks suck

Back