District 2 Challenge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike and OWMBC members,

Nice job on the race yesterday, we all had a lot of fun racing.

Hopefully Next year we will add the raffle and more prizes back into the mix.

Thanks For Your Efforts,

Mark Sholund

Ditto what Mark said!!!!! Glad to see the Schindlers make the long trip north, you guys have some great running equipment and drive it as well.

Thanks John
A pleasant surprise indeed. That was quite a haul for those guys. I think it was Mike's D-hydro that runs really quiet. That thing has a sound all it's own and was really singing. Congrats to Mike Betke for winning the Scale series. It's been a few years since his last series win. And I can't forget Rob Betke. Rob has won the last 4 Scale finals plus going to Hobart and winning as well. Good luck next week in Evansville. Thanks Joe Weibelhaus for keeping the scores all year. Thanks to Kevin Sheren for getting the A-hydro series going. I'm sure it will grow next year. As the season ends here in D-2, I'm already looking forward to next season. Thanks to all, It's been a fun year of racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of the positive feedback. Great weather and good water always make for a good day of racing.

Here are the results:

A Hydro: 1st- Jeff Schindler, 2nd- Doug Murany, 3rd- Mike Betke

B Hydro: 1st- Doug Murany, 2nd- Bert Dygert, 3rd- Andrew Capaldi

D Hydro: 1st- Mike Hallam, 2nd- Ron Jefferson, 3rd- Joe Wiebelhaus

Open Rigger: 1st- Joe Wiebelhaus, 2nd- Dale Brobst, 3rd- Ted Billy

Gas Mono: 1st- Chris Rupley, 2nd- Austin Notter, 3rd- Dean Notter

Gas Cat: 1st- Dale Brobst, 2nd- Dennis Madlinski, 3rd- Dr. Ted Billy

Gas Sport Hydro: 1st- Dennis Madlinski, 2nd- Austin Notter, 3rd- Mark Zachow

Thunderboat: 1st- Jim Jordan, 2nd- Brian Hickey, 3rd- Jonathan Baetens

RTR: 1st- Jim Zaremski, 2nd- Tom Kelly, 3rd- Jonathan Baetens

Sport 40: 1st- Rob Betke, 2nd- Jeff Buethane, 3rd- Bert Dygert

1/8 Scale (Winner take all Final): 1st- Rob Betke, 2nd- Chris Capaldi, 3rd- Joe Wiebelhaus

See you all next year. It was a lot of fun this year. It was really nice to see such a good turn out for the race as we had a lot of issues with attendance at races thru the season. Let's keep it going for next season and see what we can do to promote some new people into the hobby during the off season.

We still have one more event for D2 this year. The record trials in Flint are coming up. Support Terry and the gang for their event. If you have never been to a record trial, it is something to see when the water is flat and somebody breaks the 100mph mark.

Mike,

On behalf of the Oakland Wolverine Model Boat Club we would like to thank all the class sponsors for there donations for the trophies.

Also thanks to the Betke family and OWMBC members for a great race day!!!!

Regards,

Bert Dygert

OWMBC - President

Always a good time at Spencer Park. Great turn-out this year, no more electric retrieve motors, best race conditions all year and a bunch of good guys to run the show. Doesn't get much better than that! Thanks again guys. Definitely be back again next year.

Ron

ps, And just for the record... I finished ahead of the Betke boy in .40 hydro. Oh ya!

Lol Ron I'm more upset I wrecked the new boat for this weekend! Back to the back up boat I guess

Great time wish I could have stayed for the scale final. I think I had something for you guys. Jerry,Mike and Rob fantastic job, We hope to return

Great time wish I could have stayed for the scale final. I think I had something for you guys. Jerry,Mike and Rob fantastic job, We hope to return

Next year we'll make a weekend out of it Mikey.

Thanks Mike for fitting my 2 boats in. Nice to get some boats wet again. Best part was mingling with some good friends on a beautiful day. Maybe I'll get to more races next year.

thankfully the D2 Challenge was last weekend and not this weekend like it's historically been run, else we'd have been ducking an EF-1 tornado
default_ohmy.png

Back