DeWalt Battery Adapter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, are you going to use it on 12 volts ?

Remember, the higher the volts, the lower the amps.. So if you use it with 20-24 volts the amp rating on the switch will go up !

NO...

I refer you back to the Original Post (OP):

"Looking for a source to purchase an adapter plate to use my DeWalt 20V Max XR batteries with

the Sullivan DynaTron starter."

220580-37c0e8be1f4c3c551e02cad84aa275d0.png

CAPISCE???..... 😂 😂 😂 .........😱

If your buying battery adapters you want to get ones with the largest wire available.

Your looking for #10 if you can find them. I saw the one Tim posted was only #14 which is too small IMO for a starter. The same ones are available with #12 but didn't see any with # 10 from same people. With the short wire lengths involved the #12 would be ok for dynatron as long as you don't stall it very long ever. #10 better though and are available.

None of the 18 volt adapters will work for my starters as the batteries can not take the load of the high torque 12 volt motor over driving it with 18 volt. The Dewalt 20 volt max is a 18 volt pack actually. 5 cell Lith-Ion at 3.6 volt per cell

#12's minimum,
Amazon.com: Upgrade Power Wheels Adaptor for Dewalt 20V Battery 18V DCB205 DCB206 DCB204 DCB200 DCB180Dock Power Connector RC Toy Truck 12 Gauge Robotics : Tools & Home Improvement

Dewalt with #10 gauge,
Dewalt 20V Max Battery Adapter Holder Dock with Wires for Power Wheels Upgrade | eBay

Milwaukee adapters in #10 gauge,

Milwaukee M18 Battery Adapter Holder Dock with Wires for Power Wheels Upgrade | eBay

Last edited:
If your buying battery adapters you want to get ones with the largest wire available.

Your looking for #10 if you can find them. I saw the one Tim posted was only #14 which is too small IMO for a starter. The same ones are available with #12 but didn't see any with # 10 from same people. With the short wire lengths involved the #12 would be ok for dynatron as long as you don't stall it very long ever. #10 better though and are available.

None of the 18 volt adapters will work for my starters as the batteries can not take the load of the high torque 12 volt motor over driving it with 18 volt. The Dewalt 20 volt max is a 18 volt pack actually. 5 cell Lith-Ion at 3.6 volt per cell

#12's minimum,
Amazon.com: Upgrade Power Wheels Adaptor for Dewalt 20V Battery 18V DCB205 DCB206 DCB204 DCB200 DCB180Dock Power Connector RC Toy Truck 12 Gauge Robotics : Tools & Home Improvement

Dewalt with #10 gauge,
Dewalt 20V Max Battery Adapter Holder Dock with Wires for Power Wheels Upgrade | eBay

Milwaukee adapters in #10 gauge,

Milwaukee M18 Battery Adapter Holder Dock with Wires for Power Wheels Upgrade | eBay

Thanks, Daniel.... yes, the adapter we presented in the OP has 14ga.- it's intended use is robotics- and I agree- heavier wire
and possibly a good study of the interface terminals is needed, too.

Thanks for going to the trouble of researching all those sources- much appreciated.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back