D&DJ Carbs what do boaters want. (Formally D&J carbs )

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dale

I would like one of your carbs for a FW K45 motor, i'll have to measure the hole spacing for you in the next day or two. What would the cost be for carriage to the UK?

cheers

Hi Dale

I would like one of your carbs for a FW K45 motor, i'll have to measure the hole spacing for you in the next day or two. What would the cost be for carriage to the UK?

cheers
Hi Steven,

Looks like shipping will be around 34 dollars. I'm just need as much information off the carb as possible. Please send me a pm with the measurements and some picture as well.

Thank you, Dale

Dale,

The side plate would be a great option on any size carb.

I would be good for two carbs this way.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi Dale

Could I get a .500 bore carb for a K-82? I can send the stock carb to you for diminsions.

Thanks Chris

To use a side plate design on all the carbs would be beneficial. A variety of spray bar size or as Mark mentioned. You could make the side plate the same size for all the carbs. Just different spray bars. On the rs101 @ .600 .110" hole in the spray bar would be minimum size for me. But most people may not like it or think they don't like it.

This is s great idea all around Dale.

Dale,

The side plate would be a great option on any size carb.

I would be good for two carbs this way.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Yes Mark your right and we plan to make a side plate for the BVM needles as well. I'll put you down for two.

Thank you, Dale

Thanks Dale

I will be measuring spray bar sizes on some very proven carbs in the next few weeks and we will talk some more before you get started.

Thank you so much!

Chris

To use a side plate design on all the carbs would be beneficial. A variety of spray bar size or as Mark mentioned. You could make the side plate the same size for all the carbs. Just different spray bars. On the rs101 @ .600 .110" hole in the spray bar would be minimum size for me. But most people may not like it or think they don't like it.

This is s great idea all around Dale.
Yes Danny your right and that's why we want to know what the boaters want and we will do the best we can to deliver it. As far as the spray bar for the 600 I would go with a .125. It worked well on my .91. Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks Dale

Yes .125 works good on the large .600 carbs.

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out when you get time on the flow bench.

As for me not a fan of the needle on the carb. Has issues with vibration I don't like.

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

You have to balance the motor.
default_biggrin.png

It works on the smaller motors, but you are right the Big Blocks

Shake, Rattle, and Roll too much.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Yes .125 works good on the large .600 carbs.

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out when you get time on the flow bench.

As for me not a fan of the needle on the carb. Has issues with vibration I don't like.
David,

You have to balance the motor.
default_biggrin.png

It works on the smaller motors, but you are right the Big Blocks

Shake, Rattle, and Roll too much.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund
I agree with you both, .12, .21, .46 should not be a problem for the side plates with the needle in them. A balanced engine will help but I'm not sure if that will solve the vibration enough to run them on the bigger engines.

Thank you, Dale

Hi Dale

Could I get a .500 bore carb for a K-82? I can send the stock carb to you for diminsions.

Thanks Chris
Hi Chris received the carb today. I'll start drawing the mounting profile very soon. Thank you for sending that to me.

Thank you, Dale

Dale

Thy are all boxed up....Will drop it in the mail tomorrow.

You should have them by Wednesday.
Hi David I received you package today with the back plates and carbs. Add I'll start drawing them up. I'm also going to look at the back plate like we talked about to see really how far we can go on size. Thanks for sending them to me this will be a big help.
Thank you, Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be interesting to see how big you can go with the stock back plate and mounting set up.

.600 round bore may be pushing the limits on the 91/101

It should be interesting to see how big you can go with the stock back plate and mounting set up.

.600 round bore may be pushing the limits on the 91/101
I made a .630 bore with .125 spray bar from a Mac carb, for my AB 90 boat, wasn't easy to throtle up but once it started rolling boat would really ran hard and motor screamed RPM's.JM2CW

Mob

Back