cutting off stinger on tunepipe ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joal Garner

Hi all , I am woundering if I can do this , is it going to cause havoc with the performance of the motor or not .

problem is I need to lenghten my pipe as it is to short , but dont have much room to play with ( as It is a sport 40 hydro with the pipe under the cowling )

Also If a motor is peakie does that mean that the pipe is too short ?

Its very hard to tune .

Im talking about the very narrow bit of the tunepipe at the back ( can I make this shorter or will it wreck the pipe )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all , I am woundering if I can do this , is it going to cause havoc with the performance of the motor or not .

problem is I need to lenghten my pipe as it is to short , but dont have much room to play with ( as It is a sport 40 hydro with the pipe under the cowling )

Also If a motor is peakie does that mean that the pipe is too short ?

Its very hard to tune .
Please state model of boat and pipe. I've never had to cut a pipe to get it to fit. Perhaps the engine is not as far forward as it should be.

Glenn

answer to the peaky question,,, i would have to say yes,,, a short pipe will make the engine slowly come up on pipe but when it does it snaps into powerband..but really like glenn said,,, you will get more answers with the make of the engine,pipe,fuel/percentage.. in theory you can cut back the stinger,,,but you would need to reduce the inner diameter to compensate for the change...

alden

can you get a measurement from the center of plug to the begining of the rear cone. what engine it is too, make ,displacement.

"peaky" won't even enter the equation if you can't get it to launch and go.

tosti asti hull down size to a sport 40

Im running a OPS 45 drum , with a ops 45 pipe .

I will measure the pipe lenght tonight .

pipe length is 10 1/4 inches = measurement from the center of plug to the begining of the rear cone

Its just so hard to tune !

That is where you should be at for pipe length or a little shorter, also your bearings might be bad if you can not get a needle on the engine

Back