CMB VAC 45 with CMB pipe?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark Anderson designed my boat around that prop . So I have to stay with motors down around 182 deg exhaust timing so I don't cut my Sport Hydro motors. FWIW I do run at sea level .
Eric,

The VAC 45 is about 187 exhaust timing stock.

Are you trying to tell me that site is known to be windy? You won't see me run a 1:17 at the nats in Sport 40 ever. It would be with the Sport boat in 7.5 hydro. At the nats I only run as fast as I need to win ;-)

Visited the Nats site on Sunday. Rather concerned the course is at the windward end of the pond. Don't want another Manteca fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran a Vac in a sport 40 for the first time this weekend. As good as my best Picco ever. Now to try some more props,had a p235 on it. Radar gun had dead battery

Did some testing. Pipe at 10" and the Prop.... Huge.

Found the missing 5 MPH. These motors like big prop. I had a scale prop on it and all I can say is wow.

Took my Mutt to the lake for a first run,got a good heat racing prop on it. And put a monster on it for a couple laps 65mph no way I could heat race it but it was fun. I cant get my cmb 45 pipe shorter than 10 1/8 without issues box stock motor with head set only 50 % fuel

Same here Mikey. There is no way I can heat race with the prop i had on it. I put a small scale prop on it. It's the fastest I have ever seen my Sport 40 run. I wish I had a radar on it.

Guys,

If you trim those bigger propellers down to a more manageable diameter the boat

should handle better in the corners than it does with a full blade. Set up is just finding

what works well on your boat for you. If I was you guys I would try some of the newer

higher raked propellers on your set ups. I would start smaller and work up if you need

more propeller. When Jim makes the 2015 with 17 degrees of rake two blade or three

This would be a great propeller to start with. Just a possible suggestion Fellas.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

No issue for me in the turns. It stayed hooked up and picked up speed with what I had on. I did reduce the diameter and put a links cut on it. I haven't tried it after that yet.

Back